Force vs. DreamBox

morten

Reaction score
Hi there! I really need your help folks!

I am buing myself a new tuner, but can't deside which one. The Force 1145s or a DreamBox 7000x.. I will be using the receiver with a motroised dish. I know that the Force have 2 slots ready for viaccess and conax, and 2 neutral slots. The DreamBox I think have only two neutral slots.
Can anyone of you tell mee what the up's and down's are with these tuners?
And is it true that tou can flash the Dreambox? Does this mean that you don't need piratecards? Please explane...?!

Regards, Morten

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Do you have good computer experience ?

If not, the Dreambox may not be for you

T24

Info Exec
Reaction score
As Channel hopper said, if you have computer experience,otherwise can be a

nightmare.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I almost bought one, but it was the Linux thing that persuaded me otherwise.

(and here I am with about four years of machine code experience and a qualification from the 80s under my belt)

Must get back into the programming business at some point, but I fear Im now another salty seadog

dago

Reaction score
you dont need masive computer experience, only the basics, with an image lige gemini 104 the machine will update keys and cams for you.
regards.

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
morten said:
Hi there! I really need your help folks!

I am buing myself a new tuner, but can't deside which one. The Force 1145s or a DreamBox 7000x.. I will be using the receiver with a motroised dish. I know that the Force have 2 slots ready for viaccess and conax, and 2 neutral slots. The DreamBox I think have only two neutral slots.
Can anyone of you tell mee what the up's and down's are with these tuners?
And is it true that tou can flash the Dreambox? Does this mean that you don't need piratecards? Please explane...?!

Regards, Morten

I have had a Force 1145S for a year now, the only drawback is, if you have a power cut, when the power is restored, sometimes & only sometimes the diseq motor goes off on one and cranks around till it reaches its limit, so you must make sure there are no obstacles in its way. Although I set the motor limit to 2 degrees further than my east or west satellites it makes no difference. I find the menu system the best and there is good support from the official web site. I also have Technosat & Echostar, but the Force is best.