Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ok sports freaks, F1 is a global sport, who is your favourite F1 team??

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I ought to have shares in Red Bull so it's them for me, :)

L.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It's got to be Bar at least they have enough balls to infringe the rules to try to beat the opposition. Unfortunately they got found out, which is more than can be said for some teams over the last 30 years. You can bend'em but don't break'em
:-rules

I still think that their punishment is harsh. I remember a number of teams adding additives to their fuel but don't remember any bans being enforced. Just had a read of the judgement and they did not actually finish the race underweight, only when the fuel was drained were they underweight. That makes the judgement and punishment even harsher. Once again lack of clarity

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Additional poll item added "I only watch it for the accidents."

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I voted for Williams as I consider them my home team. I've been to the Frank Williams site and viewed all the cars he's built over the years. A very dedicated man.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm afraid that I don't watch it any more, find it about as exciting as Bag Puss. :)

I used to watch it in the days of Mansell and earlier, but to me it has lost something vital.

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
guys i am 17 and started watching f1 in 1995 and havent missed one race since for the first time in a long time i think six teams can win this year ferrai will win races this year .the only reason renault did so well at the start of the season is because they got a jump on the other teams more so with tires- maclaren should do well withthere two drivers if montoya can keep it on the road he should win a good few.bar has good chances to win this year it is about time button wins. but i think the team that will\have suprised us this year is toyota mike gascone is the best investment toyota have ever made-and if ralf can stick it on pole he should run away with it. i rekon this years formula one championship is not one to be missed

greg

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You youngster - Ive been watching from the mid 70's One of the best races I saw was a demoliton derby at Monaco - a Tyrrell got bounced up in the air on the first lap, and cartwheeled down the track. Sadly for the Tyrrell team he landed on the front of his team mate!!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
One good thing about F1 these days is that the safely is so much better. I vividly remember watching the young Osella driver Riccardo Paletti die in a horrible start line smash that would probably be survivable nowadays - that was about 25 years ago..

Edit - according to grandprix.com it was June 13, 1982 at the Canadian GP. :(

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
thank god i can get itv in here it is amazaing the has not been a death in f1 for 11 years(senna 1994) formula one needs more coverage to remain the huge sport it is today-wait until button starts wining i would think f1 would get as big as socer in england

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
F1 has been remarkably lucky since the dreadful weekend 11 years ago - dont forget 2 drivers died that awful meeting - as Simtek's Roland Ratzenberger died on the Saturday - as well there was a big start crash that put a wheel into the crowd.....

There have been several big accidents that the drivers survived more by a matter of good fortune.

sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
Rusty Old 80cm mesh dish on fence pole!
My Location
South Wales
rolfw said:
I'm afraid that I don't watch it any more, find it about as exciting as Bag Puss. :)

I used to watch it in the days of Mansell and earlier, but to me it has lost something vital.

Hey, there's nothin wrong with Bagpuss!

I still watch it and I do agree it has lost that edge, but this season is more interesting as the certain FIA favoured red cars have not won yet!:)

I remember the days when you had at least 4 or 5 champions racing, now we only have two, Villeneuve and Schumi.

Oh, and when it does get exciting (like at San Marino) with 3 laps to go ITV decide to put on some adverts!!!!!!! )(-red :-lan2

I also like to follow the IRL and NASCAR because it is much closer racing and unpredictable.

And when Bagpuss goes to sleep..............

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
irl is grand nascar is for red neck americans who like the shiny noisy things although the crashes are spectaclure the problem with 'the red cars' was they were not aloud to race rember 1988 maclaren won 15\16 races but it was a good season because they were aloud to race

sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
Rusty Old 80cm mesh dish on fence pole!
My Location
South Wales
And if memory serves me correctly, Gehard Berger won in a red car at Monza which was the race Mclaren did not win in 1988!
I have been to the British GP 3 times and Monaco once. Back in the Mansell years, in fact Mansell should have been in a Mclaren at Monaco '95, but he retired and dumped the team at San Marino the race earlier, so Blundell took his place instead.

Ahh those were the days.......

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
very good sprog-the force is strong in this one-it was a special victory for ferarai as enzo had died a few weekes before hand.it is hard to belive untill ferarai won in 2000 they had not won the drivers championship since the late seventys jody sechtor by the wy the fia(sports govering body) has a questionare on its website about the future of f1 try it the prizes are quite good

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Greg your keyboard appears to be broken - The capitals arent working. ;)

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
i know this keyboard is difficult some buttons simply dont work. it is only a year old bought it from dell

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Any cheap keyboard with the right connection plug will do as a replacement. Your posts are VERY difficult to read for us older members with no capitalization.

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
for you self I have bought a new keyboard.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Analoguesat said:
Your posts are VERY difficult to read for us older members

LOL - Ferrarri are the RED ones if your watching today's race!

Status
Not open for further replies.