plusaat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star lifetime classic
panasonic sky box
quad uni lmb
My Location
ireland
I have a fortec lifetime classic. Having problems tuning certain channels. dish at 28.2deg, I have input manually all transponder codes from lynsat but only half actually picked up channels. can only enter these values when scanning e.g. (10729 v 22000). no fec or vid/aud.I also have tried scanning each specific freq. individually,but they don't work.
any help b appreciated, new 2 satelites, lyngo mightn't be up to scratch..:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can you list some of the frequencies which produce no results?

moridark_back1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 &DM88HD & humax5400z&
zone2 & 1.5m dish
My Location
oxfordshire
i had some problem with this kind of recivers befor tying to add some channels on arabsat
ok. on the lnb type .change it from lnb1 to lnb2

plusaat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
panasonic sky box
quad uni lmb
My Location
ireland
10714 10729 10758 10906 11343 11642 . I can pick up all other freq.'s i think.

robsond90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gregorian 90cm dish
Manhattan ST-550 PVR
Fortec Passion HD
42in Plasma TV
My Location
North Yorkshire
I can't offer a solution, but I have a similar - though much smaller - problem with my Fortec Passion HD, whereby I cannot pick up the Calabria Channel on HellasSat 39E. No matter what numbers I enter for the frequency and so on, the signal strength indicators show zero and a scan produces nothing - even though I can see the channel at the same time on my Manhattan receiver.

Have you tried updating the receiver software to the latest version from the Fortec website? It may help, as a recent update for the Passion added the PMT and SID PID options to the Advanced Scan menu, which has helped me pull in some of the more reluctant channels in the last couple of weeks.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I notice you say you have a quad lnb, are you sure it is not a quatro??
Have you tried the stb on another output from the lnb to see what you get on the other outputs?

Edit
However I notice that the o/p and Robsond90 appear to be referring to channels with an FEC of 5/6, I wonder if that is the problem?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
robsond90 said:
I can't offer a solution, but I have a similar - though much smaller - problem with my Fortec Passion HD, whereby I cannot pick up the Calabria Channel on HellasSat 39E. No matter what numbers I enter for the frequency and so on, the signal strength indicators show zero and a scan produces nothing - even though I can see the channel at the same time on my Manhattan receiver.

Low SR rate on Calabria. May be out of range on the Passion. I'll check with mine.

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yup, my Passion can't manage such a low symbol rate (at least with this channel).

Supposed to resolve 1-45Ms/s with DVB-S, but that's obviously not true.

Checked with my Echostar, no problem.

Llew

plusaat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
panasonic sky box
quad uni lmb
My Location
ireland
I was origionally using a sky dish, tried getting a new lmb to see if any solution, but no.
I haven't updated software yet, checked on fortec website, software has same date as software on my unit. Is there any third party software which would work.
also I have checked unit again for scanning freq.'s. when in manual scan i have 2 options. TP scan- and PID scan, PID scan has- channel name_ PCR PID_ VID PID_ AUD PID_

robsond90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gregorian 90cm dish
Manhattan ST-550 PVR
Fortec Passion HD
42in Plasma TV
My Location
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the check, Llew - it's nice to know it's the receiver and not me!