• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fortec Star BETA

My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Beta
My Location
Bristol
Hi
Being totally new to message boards etc. this is probably in the wrong place but.... I bought a FS BETA setup from Maplins and have yet to get an English channel. I can find ASTRA A but lyngsat says I need ASTRA D. My sat finder only seems to detect ASTRA A. Anyone help me please.
Kingsfield

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
You need to find Astra 2 at 28.2 East, you are probably looking at Astra 1 at 19.2 East, so by moving the dish approximately 9 degrees East (Left if you are stood behind the dish) and down a couple of degrees, you will find the English channels. There is nothing worthwhile on that sat that you can't get with a Freeview box and an aerial though, also Channel 4 and 5 are not available free to air, although they were in the available list as per the receiver instructions on the last one I saw.

You may also need to add the correct transponder frequencies, as I have found that the transponder list in the receiver is rarely complete.