Fortec Star Beta

My Satellite Setup
Sky HD +Toshiba 32 inch LCD TV. Fortec star Beta receiver . 80 CM Dish on motor.
My Location
Suffolk
Hi all. I purcahsed one of the Fortecstar Beta receivers from Maplin as they were being sold off cheap.. After many years of being in the wilderness with only a fixed dish on 28 east I thought I would get back into scanning the skys again. The receiver has a 80Cm dish on a motor fitted and at the last count I was up to 15 Satellites but this stupid damm box locks up, adds duplicate TPs to lists that you then cant edit or remove and is generally a pain in the Ars*.'O'-red
On the Fortec site it lists a software download which is 9 months younger than my current version and which I hope will be more reliable , has anyone loaded this and does it work or is this box just a pile of pooh ?.
On the download side of things is the info given on the Fortec site correct ?. Any info would be very welcome ...cheers .;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately I think that whilst the latest software may help, the box is actually a pile of Poo, the only two I've seen have both locked up under pressure.

Robbo

Super Moderator
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ChrisWW said:
Hi all. I purcahsed one of the Fortecstar Beta receivers from Maplin as they were being sold off cheap.. After many years of being in the wilderness with only a fixed dish on 28 east I thought I would get back into scanning the skys again. The receiver has a 80Cm dish on a motor fitted and at the last count I was up to 15 Satellites but this stupid damm box locks up, adds duplicate TPs to lists that you then cant edit or remove and is generally a pain in the Ars*.'O'-red
On the Fortec site it lists a software download which is 9 months younger than my current version and which I hope will be more reliable , has anyone loaded this and does it work or is this box just a pile of pooh ?.
On the download side of things is the info given on the Fortec site correct ?. Any info would be very welcome ...cheers .;)
Emm, yes I had one of those, it used to do odd things like that too.

I did a factory reset when it did.

I had the lastest software on it too. It came with it from Maplins.

If you load the firmware yourself it supposedly invalidates the warranty, unless done by an authorised agent.

I took it back and got a technomate.

Much better.;)