Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Hi,
I have obtained from Maplins one of the above SD receivers. I find the
handbook minimal, although the receiver itself seems OK. Can anyone advise me how to get the receiver onto a specific frequency or channel. and how to get it to scan a range of selected frequencies (as opposed to scanning all channels on a selected satellite as the book details)?
Geoff
Sunny Cyprus

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Does this Fortec have a true blind scan feature? What does the 'Advanced' facility in the Menu give you?

Llew

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Llew said:
Does this Fortec have a true blind scan feature? What does the 'Advanced' facility in the Menu give you?

Llew

Thanks for your reply Llew. I am not sure what a "true blind scan feature" is, but it is not mentioned in the "User's Manual" and I cannot find it by looking thru the Menus etc on screen. The Menu does not appear to have an 'Advanced' facility.
I take it from your message you have not got one of these receivers yourself (??),
Geoff

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No, I don't have that model, so I probably can't help much, but I checked the features list over at Fortecstar, and it mentions Advanced as an option. I just wondered what delights it offered for as a scanning feature.

Llew

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
I dont know if any of these tutorials might help:) ive just got a fs4200 but me think it will go back:eek: check the vent slots and see if a bunch of wires are up against a transformer:cool: cos it could well melt the wires)(-red i would like to know how you get on with it:) _http://www.ftavideos.com/fortec/cd/index.html

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
My Location
portly said:
I dont know if any of these tutorials might help:) ive just got a fs4200 but me think it will go back:eek: check the vent slots and see if a bunch of wires are up against a transformer:cool: cos it could well melt the wires)(-red i would like to know how you get on with it:) _http://www.ftavideos.com/fortec/cd/index.html

Thanks for your reply. The Video Tutorials are for the Mercury II satellite receiver, not the FS-4200 like mine.
I have checked inside my FS-4200, all wiring seems OK.
Cheers.
Geoff
Cyprus

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
geoffreys said:
Thanks for your reply. The Video Tutorials are for the Mercury II satellite receiver, not the FS-4200 like mine.
I have checked inside my FS-4200, all wiring seems OK.
Cheers.
Geoff
Cyprus

I only point to the site because most software isnt that different from model to model, it was just for general guidence:-righton Glad to no your fs is ok inside , mines going back:eek:
The best Gaz