woodlouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2,
Fortecstar Passion HD,
moteck 2100, Lidl 80cm dish
My Location
UK
I get the same cam delay with Diablo. If I give the receiver 10 mins to warm up it works fine.

readbmr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Want advice on buying a hd satelite reciever
My Location
DORSET
Hi can you tell me what a B Grade is,ie is it fortec passion but just cheaper from the website?
Thanks from brian

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I may be wrong, but I think they are boxes returned to Maplins by customers who may have thought they can be used for Sky HD services, or may have found problems setting them up (cam module problems).

Llew

readbmr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Want advice on buying a hd satelite reciever
My Location
DORSET
Hi im now confused on what to buy, ie ive heard the picture quality may be better on the Humax than the Passion !! can anybody comfirm this or correct me if you have recently upgraded to the fortec from the humax..

Help please as want to buy this weekend

Thaks from Brian

radiobuff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6900 HD Receiver, 85cm Gilbertini dish with Technomate TM2200 motor, Diablo Light and T Rex 4.6 cams.
My Location
Northern Ireland
I bought a B grade Passion from Maplin a couple of months back and it works perfectly. This is the 3rd B grade item I have bought from them and am perfectly happy with all of them.
I previously had a Pace HD receiver and sold it because of the problems with some cams due to poor software support from Pace for this box. I have a 42in Panasonic HD plasma TV and cannot fault the picture from the Passion. The colours are natural and the pictures are sharp on SD and superb on HD.
I use both Diablo Light and T Rex 4.6 cams with the Passion and both work fine with it. The facility to upgrade software and channel lists using a USD memory stick is also very useful.

a_q

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NEC Plasma
My Location
UK Cambs
I was considering getting one but the Maplin peeps told me that it wouldn't output HD quality if I sent the HDMI to a DVI panel. If anyone knows better, please tell me.

Otherwise it looks liek a reasonable contender.

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
a_q said:
the Maplin peeps told me that it wouldn't output HD quality if I sent the HDMI to a DVI panel. If anyone knows better, please tell me
it does perfectly

woodlouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2,
Fortecstar Passion HD,
moteck 2100, Lidl 80cm dish
My Location
UK
I lost vision on Prosieben HD, still have sound though. I tried re-scanning but still the same?
Are others getting this channel with this receiver?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
OK on mine. Nothing changed (pids still the same).

Llew

radiobuff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6900 HD Receiver, 85cm Gilbertini dish with Technomate TM2200 motor, Diablo Light and T Rex 4.6 cams.
My Location
Northern Ireland
I had the same problem with BBC HD at one time. Re-scanning for it doesn't help. I discovered the receiver wasn't recognizing it as an HD channel. Copy your channel list from your receiver on to a USB memory stick, then delete the ProSieben HD channel on the receiver. Take the memory stick to your computer and load into the channel editor. (If you don't already have it, v1.01 is at _http://laurals.net/fortecstar_passion_software.htm. Go to ProSieben 7 on the channel list, double click on it and check that the HD box is ticked. If not, put a tick in the box. Copy the list to the memory stick and download it to the Passion. Hopefully this will do the trick.

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
High all,
I have a problem (I think)
Set up
Astra 2A 28.2E
LNB freq Universal
DISEqc off
Transponder 10847 V 22000
22Khz Auto
LNB power on
0/12V control off
Positioner setup off
DISEqc 1.1 off

Using HDMI lead

Loader version V1.40
Software version V1.50
Software date 29 September 2007

The questions are these, I cannot get all the free to air channels and I am missing BBC radio 3,4,6 and 7.
I have all these on an old Sky box without a viewing card and I am using the same dish (the pass through SAT connection on the back of the Passion only gave a signal to the Sky box if the Passion was switched off…lucky I have a dish with 4 LNB’s).

I have also loaded a USB memory stick with a few jpeg photos and some mp3’s. In the USB mode it sees the mp3 but does not play..seems to hang..It does not see any of the jpegs.

Does all these mean a software update?, I am reluctant to do this as It would void my warranty and if the USB connection is not functioning correctly then it could mess up the box.

I have done a factory reset and have scanned both free+ CAS
My signal strength and quality are about 75% to 85%

Am I missing something obvious ???
I have saved my channel info on the memory stick so it does write.

I have also tried to get the channel editor from http://laurals.net/fortecstar_passion_software.htm

but the site asks for a username and password but i can find no where to register!
All help welcome as I am new to this SAT stuff

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi gnr, welcome to the forum.

You can upload the channel editor from post #66 in this thread.

Llew

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
My passion sets transponder to 11934 V 27500 for Astra 28e?

mick2me

Reaction score
Website
www.nottstalgia.com
My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
Llew said:
At long last the Passion now has its very own channel editor package :)
Downloaded from the Fortecstar site (v.1.0 22/11/07)
Llew

Thanks

Is this installed on your pc Llew?
Are there any instructions fo its use?

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Thanks Llew..I have the editor, I also took the bull by the horns and upgraded the software and it has solved all my problems More radio, including the BBC stuff, more (never watch Tv stuff)!!!!
Thank you

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
gnr said:
Thanks Llew..I have the editor, I also took the bull by the horns and upgraded the software and it has solved all my problems More radio, including the BBC stuff, more (never watch Tv stuff)!!!!
Thank you
Only radio? What a waste of an HD box :-rofl2

Llew

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
HA HA, :) i got it for the BBC HD and for the future freesat service, I just wanted full functionality ! (going to kick Virgin anyway)
I still have no luck on jpeg (does not even come up in the USB menu) mp3 comes up in the menu but does not play and locks up the system meaning going to standby and re satart oh hum

Oh and it's a great box...stunning HD picture not sure the upscaling is great (then again it only has a few lines to work with) TV set to 1080i all this on a tesco 37" full HD set. Yamada DVD player upscales and the picture is great.......oh, got clubcard points on the purchase too :) :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
mick2me said:
Thanks

Is this installed on your pc Llew?
Are there any instructions fo its use?

Quite straightforward to use. Use a null modem cable between your Passion and PC.

In the editor, click on Config to set your Com port.

Click on File to read your current settings to your PC. You can then save them on your PC.

With the settings showing in the editor, you can change, modify or add channels or add Favourites etc. as you wish.

Then you can write the changed settings to the box, or upload any new channel lists to your receiver.

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
gnr said:
I still have no luck on jpeg (does not even come up in the USB menu) mp3 comes up in the menu but does not play and locks up the system meaning going to standby and re satart oh hum

Haven't used mine for mp3/jpeg, will have a try and see what happens.

Llew

gnr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec star passion
My Location
Cambs UK
Now have luck on mp3 (changed the USB stick) !!!!!!!!!!!! just need it to show the jpg and I am all singing and dancing