innovation hd
he@d 2500
sky hd
4.2 meter dish
3.7 meter dish
1.2 meter dish with 3 lnbs
My Location
outback
HI all can somone help me with this problem iv got given a fortec star innovation hd stb and all it does is show loader v1.4 flashing up on the front screen iv tryed flashing it with the latest firmware from there site with out any luck the usb stick flashs for a sec then stops is there a way to put the software on this box via a jtag or can somone help to bring this box back from the dead.Happy newyear all by the way.:-hny

halfrich

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec inovation hd bose v30
humax hd
My Location
Warks uk
Hi, whilst this is of no help with your problem I have a very similar issue with trying to update the software, mine has lost various channels and I was hoping to resolve with new software, when installing the s/w via usb stick it reads it then when you press ok says file is invalid??? hoping for some answers via this site

Kind regards
Richard

grimzz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m, Echostar DVR 7000, Quali-tv, Fortec star Passion, Technorend
My Location
Aberdeen
My inovation did the same just minutes ago when updating firmware

I tried a 1gb stick instead of my 4gb stick and it read fine!:-thumbup

sweetdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
innovation hd
he@d 2500
sky hd
4.2 meter dish
3.7 meter dish
My Location
outback
HI guys thx for your reply but ive tried different sticks without success.I think there must be a way to jtag the flash and bring it back to life.? Any help be be gratefull.

RatAtAt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation
My Location
East Anglia
I had similar probs - you need to be updating to loader version 1.5 (last file on Fortec's download page) - is that what you are trying?

Anyway, the only USB device I got to work was a 16M (yes Meg) card in a USB holder, which is too small to format FAT32, so just FAT.

Anyway that was sufficient capacity to hald the new software, and I used it to upgrade sequentially through each driver revision up to December 2009, then did a Factory Reset, now everything (including my Verbatim 320G disc (which previously failed) now works fine.

Remaining problem is, that the User Interface has changed (more menu options etc), but there does not seem to be a new verion of the manual.

sweetdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
innovation hd
he@d 2500
sky hd
4.2 meter dish
3.7 meter dish
My Location
outback
Thx m8 for your reply iv tryed that and still get loader v 15 flashing up and sod all else.There must be away to flash it with jtag to bring it back to life.??

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
I don't know how you personally go about the download but I do not use the settings on the menu.I just switch the machine off at the front insert usb stick.switch back on the file is read then I press OK and off it goes,I haven't had a problem using this method