• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Just got my hands on one of these neat little receivers, anyone got any tips about which is the best version of the software to use with it. Ive loaded Al7bar 2.63 on it, but it seems to be very buggy - the receiver regularly locks up totally when it hits (any) scrambled channels, and it wont give me any signal on the high band - the 10600 setting on the lnb menu. It does work with the lnb set to 10750, although then of course all the frequencies are out.....

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi AS
Did you have problems with the original Fortec firmware (ie without the patch?)

Llew

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
WSill put manufacturers s/w back on this afternoon and see what happens - it is possible Ive missed something obvious in the menus, so I'll have a good delve around them..

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nah - must be something to do with my disecq switching as Ive put official s/w back on, and Im still not getting above 11880MHz. I'll just have to spend the afternoon playing with the satellite system :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Analoguesat said:
I'll just have to spend the afternoon playing with the satellite system :D
Bummer!

When I have a day like that, I call it 'Sunday'... O-Ha

buzz

Mad Scientist on loose
My Satellite Setup
10 dishes, 3 receivers.
My Location
Yank
With that receiver I had to set up a LNB with 11250. (manually put it in with the remote in the antenna LNB set up - not the TP set up). Worth a try, you alway can change it back. I am learning that your satellite equipment are a bit differant over in Europe. It is a neat receiver but I have found that they do not respond all the same from date - to date codes. The most current ones made have trouble with high speed data to/from the PC so you have to slow down the transfer rate. Ones made before about November 2004 don't care how fast it is.

My Satellite Setup
fortec ultra,dual legacy,ntsc
Slow the baud rate dwn for xp or? by using
the usb to RS232 converter w/gender adapter.
Shouln't have a prob then,
use stb or balcklist updater. AL7BAR.TK
Also 269(NTSC),\not sure about PAL's latest but
269 includes EMCs' auto rolls and
works well!
Good luck. Hope this helps?
Sorry, but
272 file is an EPG : just released
and works!!! Slow.....
but the wife is happy, so I'm happy!!!!

buzz said:
With that receiver I had to set up a LNB with 11250. (manually put it in with the remote in the antenna LNB set up - not the TP set up). Worth a try, you alway can change it back. I am learning that your satellite equipment are a bit differant over in Europe. It is a neat receiver but I have found that they do not respond all the same from date - to date codes. The most current ones made have trouble with high speed data to/from the PC so you have to slow down the transfer rate. Ones made before about November 2004 don't care how fast it is.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I did eventually track down the problem with no hi band - it was an incompatibility between the receiver and the Cambridge lnb! Swapped the LNB for an MTI and all was well. (I have also had similar problems with a Coship and Technomate T-1000D, although the Echostar has never had a problem)

Skip Channel

My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
How do you find the EPG, Analoguesat? I've got the Diamond version (which seems to be fairly similar as I have to enter 'LTA' to put the AL7BAR boot on it - which is the same as the Ultra). Also, have you tried it on widescreen channels - and if so what were the results? Cheers.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The epg is ok, although I dont like the idea you have to press the keypad arrows one way to increase the channel number, but as soon as you get into the epg you have to use the opposite arrow! Bad bit of ergonomic design there......

Another tip - the password to access the encryption systems to change keys try 1010.

Dont really bother with w/s switching - I just set everything to 16/9 output :D