Fortecstar FSCI-9800V2...please help!

gerrybee

Reaction score
A friend is in trouble as while trying to upgrade an FSCI-9800V2 something unknown happened that resulted to a half-dead set.

Does anyone know of any codes that could be useful in reviving a set in this condition?

Thank you.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
gerrybee said:
A friend is in trouble as while trying to upgrade an FSCI-9800V2 something unknown happened that resulted to a half-dead set.

Does anyone know of any codes that could be useful in reviving a set in this condition?

Thank you.

What version of software was he using and from which site?
What do you mean by 'half dead set'? - Can't access menus? Remote not functioning? Anything on screen at all?

gerrybee

Reaction score
The receiver shows nothing on the screen and the only light on the panel is the dot in the center. Remote control is recognized as indicator on the far left of the panel blinks each time a button is pressed. The receiver does not switch on.

The software was downloaded from fortecstar's website!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
gerrybee said:
The receiver shows nothing on the screen and the only light on the panel is the dot in the center. Remote control is recognized as indicator on the far left of the panel blinks each time a button is pressed. The receiver does not switch on.

The software was downloaded from fortecstar's website!

There doesn't appear to be any software available for that model now on Fortecstar's site.
Perhaps you have used the wrong application?
If this is so, you may have corrupted the flash memory.
Try sherrit's file above.

KHALTUNES

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC - INTERNET
My Location
TUNISIA
I have the same problem I try many soft the list sat d asnot appear