My Satellite Setup
80 cm(Astra 19.2 and Hotbird)
100 cm(Hispasat)
60 cm(Sirius)
Fortec Lifetime Ultra
My Location
Central Europe
Hey y`all!!!
I am Krizz,living in Germany and totally new here!
I am looking for a FORTEC STAR LIFETIME ULTRA.I read about software
Al7bar,to encrypt different channels.
Can anyone help me with the following questions...

1. Where can I find such a receiver????I heard about a dealer in the middle east,
but have no contact data.

2. If I buy a NORMAL version of the LIFETIME ULTRA,where can I download Al7bar,and how do I do that???

3. Where can I get the code and the different keys needed to view the crypted networks???

If anyone has a better solution(receiver) to access crypted stations,
please let me know.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
krizz said:
Hey y`all!!!

1. Where can I find such a receiver????I heard about a dealer in the middle east,

2. If I buy a NORMAL version of the LIFETIME ULTRA,where can I download Al7bar,and how do I do that???

3. Where can I get the code and the different keys needed to view the crypted networks???

please let me know.

Hi krizz
Don't know about the Middle East, but there are several European suppliers. Go to www.Fortecstar.com and click on 'distributors' for Germany. One supplier has the Lifetime selling at 149 euro.
Several sites have Al7bar patches for the receiver. one useful one is:-

h**p://groups.Yahoo.com/group/Fortec/

There are several receivers in the Fortec range that you might also consider, e.g. the FS 5100CIplus Ultra.

Llew

skyscan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100 cm(Hispasat)
60 cm(Sirius)
Fortec Lifetime Ultra
My Location
Central Europe
Hey llew!!!
Thanks for your reply.
So you advise me to go for the FS 5100CIplus Ultra???Is it better,or what is the point?

Whats the thing with the Al7bar patch?Do I have to load it onto the receiver?
How do I do that?

Greets,chris

skyscan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100 cm(Hispasat)
60 cm(Sirius)
Fortec Lifetime Ultra
My Location
Central Europe
Hey llew!!!
Thanks for your reply.
So you advise me to go for the FS 5100CIplus Ultra???Is it better,or what is the point?

How do I do that?

Greets,chris

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
krizz said:
Hey llew!!!
Thanks for your reply.

How do I do that?

Greets,chris
What receiver you choose is down to a matter of choice - I picked the 5100 because it has a greater channel capacity - 5000 compared to 3000 for the Lifetime. Also it has CAM slots if you want to use official cards or program your own.
The Al7bar patch allows you to decrypt various providers without the need of using CAMS and cards, and adds a code menu with which you can update the keys.
You'll find the patches for most Fortec receivers here:-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fortec/
Most of the files include an uploader which you use to patch the Fortec via your PC, via an RS232 serial cable.

Llew

Bachmann

Reaction score
krizz said:
Hey llew!!!
Thanks for your reply.

How do I do that?

Greets,chris
Hi krizz,

FYI, the ultra once flashed can only handle n*gr*vision em*l*tion internally and does not have any cam or card slots. If you still insist cuz you've got a nag to watch your nag1 scrambled channels then consider the pansat 2500M instead. The pansat seems to have much better support for the k*y and b*n files at multiple sites. Both receivers use the same blackbird chip and are relatively cheap due to their limited but well focused decr*p*ion support. Other than this, these units are extremely simple to deal with using only a null kbul and an rs232 pc interface. I almost forgot an important feature of these boxes, their blind scanning. So if only FTA is your goal then I would highly recommend either one.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
hanx
krizz said:
Hey y`all!!!

please let me know.
merci

moonstone

Reaction score
Hi!
I am Alex from Toronto. It's not a good idea - model Ultra. It has some hardware restrictions compare to Fortec Star Lifetime. Manufacturers had figured out that it's good for unscrambling and software upgrades. Ultra - next generation, that has lower features for software upgrades.
We had a lots of problems with Ultras.
Better choose Pansat 3000.
Bye!
moonstone*ua.fm

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
moonstone said:
Hi!
I am Alex from Toronto. It's not a good idea - model Ultra. It has some hardware restrictions compare to Fortec Star Lifetime. Manufacturers had figured out that it's good for unscrambling and software upgrades. Ultra - next generation, that has lower features for software upgrades.
We had a lots of problems with Ultras.
Better choose Pansat 3000.
Bye!
moonstone*ua.fm
Depends which Ultra model you are referring to - the FSCI 5100 Ultra has no problems upgrading with the latest software updates, as long as you choose the correct patch.

Llew