Status
Not open for further replies.

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion HD 83cm Dish
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Before I went to the UK 6 weeks ago (living southeast France), I had both BBC HD and BBC1 HD. The STB is up to date with updates from Fortecstar. Since coming back 3 wks ago, I now have "no signal" on BBC HD, and have totally lost BBC1 HD, even after clearing all channel lists and re-scanning. I followed advice on here and changed the settings on advanced scan for BBC HD but still no signal. Has anyone any suggestions that might work please?
Thank you:)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The BBC HD channels moved over to DVB-S2 a couple of weeks ago.

There are a couple of threads about it

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
yup, indeed there are. Thing is, I have followed those instructions to the best of my ability, as I said in my post. Still I am unable to get a signal for the bbc HD, and still unable to scan to obtain bbc1 HD, again, as I said in my original post

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
See attached instructions for amending BBC HD transpnder. There should be no need to rescan, it will just alter the settings for the existing BBC HD channels and they will be effective immediately.

Attachments

• BBC HD.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,048

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
briangw said:
See attached instructions for amending BBC HD transpnder. There should be no need to rescan, it will just alter the settings for the existing BBC HD channels and they will be effective immediately.

Thanks for that Brian. Two problems however. One is that even after several re-scans of channels, c4 HD does not show up on the new list, neither does BBC1 HD, although BBC HD is listed but no signal. Second problem is that in the satellites available list, Astra 2D does not show up, and never has. Only 2 A, B and C. It has worked fine on what it was showing for sdome time; Astra 2A. I had already re-set the settings for BBC HD the same as in your attached txt. Unfortunately no joy, still no BBC HD and no c4 HD. ITV1 HD works fine, although ITV HD has no signal. How's that for a puzzle:-)

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Dont worry about Astra 2d not showing, Astras 2a, b and d are all at the same spot. So as long as it shows it to be at 28.2 E(or 28.5E) it will work fine so just follow the instructions.

There is a separate section on the last page to handle CH4HD, so just follow that as well.

PS Hopefully you are on the latest Loader (v1.5) and firmware (Passion+ -> v1.30, Passion -> v1.45)

PPS or you could just load my channel list as attached (No God, Shopping or s_x channels, just stuff you can watch) and save all the hassle

Attachments

• Channel List.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 742

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Is the 65cm dish the one that you are using for Astra 28E? Is the LNB the primary one?

I ask because you may not have a large enough dish for the 2D transmissions especially with the new FEC of 8/9 for the BBC HD channels. Do you easily lose the ordinary SD channels when it rains?

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Hi Brian. Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, I am up to date with the loader and the Passion 1.45 update, and I had followed all the instructions I had been given, both by yourself and Llew, but they didn't work for some reason. My Passion STB had been showing Astra 2a since it came out of the box, but once I got it working, I had relatively few problems. However, all the fiddling etc didn't produce the results. No BBC HD signal (even with the new settings) and c4HD and BBC1 HD were never to be found even after several attempts of deleting channels, scanning both Freesat and Fortecstar Passion list of programmes, also regular channel scan from main menu with yellow button. Zilch, nada, rien !! Soooo I used your cannel list, and low and behold, I now have everything listed under Astra 2d, and BBC HD, BBC1 HD, C4 HD, and BBC HD+ are ALL WORKING BEAUTIFULLY :-) Only ITV HD seems to have vanished. I was using as a primary, BBC and ITV south (for Bournemouth area). Anyway, I just want to say an enormous thank you for your time and trouble :-)
Neville

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Hi Brian, I forgot to mention, I went to check the settings for the BBC HD on the "advanced scan" to see how they compared with what I had previously entered. All exactly the same, apart from "channel type" which, using your info, is now showing "radio" whereas before it was showing "tv" Seems strange, but I am not altering anything!! :-)
Thanks again
Neville

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Hi Paul, many thanks for the reply. I forgot that I had changed the dish which came with the Passion HD. It is in fact 83 cms. I can lose the picture in really bad weather, but that happens very seldom. Before I went away, all channels were perfect. I guess they changed while I was away, and for some reason, my STB did not pick up the changes. However, I loaded the copy of Brians channel list and all now well. guess the gremlins had got in:-(
Thanks again for taking the time to reply
Neville

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Interesting.

If the original dish had the Fortec Star FSUKVN LNB, then it has an odd physical construction that means the F connector is not at bottom dead centre for zero skew, so setting the correct skew for your location is not going to be straightforward. Not difficult, but misleading.

Are you using the original LNB?

Is it the FSUKVN?

If not, what is it?

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Hello, I did have the original LNB, and I did see on this forum, that there had been a problem with alignment, but I followed the instructions and all was well. However, I had to change it owing to water ingress. I replaced it with a French one bought here, but had perfect picture until after I returned from the UK. Sorry I can't remember the name of the brand, but thanks for taking the time to reply. As you will see in the posts, the problem has now been resolved by using a channel list from briangw :-)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ah, yes .............. I kind of skimmed over the meat!

Glad all is now well - that's the main thing.

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
nebeluk said:
Only ITV HD seems to have vanished. I was using as a primary, BBC and ITV south (for Bournemouth area).
All the BBC and ITV regional channels are in that list, including all the available ITV1 HD channels. Just move them around to suit yourself. I have the channels in an order which suits our viewing habits.
I think the ITV HD that you say is missing is probably the old 'red button' version which is no more.

nebeluk said:
All exactly the same, apart from "channel type" which, using your info, is now showing "radio" whereas before it was showing "tv"
This is only showing 'radio' because the last time I scanned it was for some radio channels. You keep mentioning 'advanced scan' but if you want to check/adjust settings it should be in the TP Edit menu option. I am just wondering whether you were changing the settings in the right place.

Anyway, glad its all working for you. Dont forget to do a Channel Backup, in case you need to recover to a 'good point'

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Hi Brian, yes I did a channel backup immediately! ...and yes, I had been advised to adjust the settings in "advanced setup" but also did it in the TP Edit. There is no manual scan button as some suggested, instead it shows "advanced scan" All now well, thanks to your channel list...even showing Astra 2d. I could never understand why it showed Astra 2 a:-( BUT Like I said all is now well, and again, heart thanks.
Neville

hedgehog61

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hd satellite
My Location
west midlands
briangw said:
Dont worry about Astra 2d not showing, Astras 2a, b and d are all at the same spot. So as long as it shows it to be at 28.2 E(or 28.5E) it will work fine so just follow the instructions.

There is a separate section on the last page to handle CH4HD, so just follow that as well.

PS Hopefully you are on the latest Loader (v1.5) and firmware (Passion+ -> v1.30, Passion -> v1.45)

PPS or you could just load my channel list as attached (No God, Shopping or s_x channels, just stuff you can watch) and save all the hassle

This was helpful to me!!

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
briangw said:
All the BBC and ITV regional channels are in that list, including all the available ITV1 HD channels. Just move them around to suit yourself. I have the channels in an order which suits our viewing habits.
I think the ITV HD that you say is missing is probably the old 'red button' version which is no more.

This is only showing 'radio' because the last time I scanned it was for some radio channels. You keep mentioning 'advanced scan' but if you want to check/adjust settings it should be in the TP Edit menu option. I am just wondering whether you were changing the settings in the right place.

Anyway, glad its all working for you. Dont forget to do a Channel Backup, in case you need to recover to a 'good point'

Hi Brian, me again lol. The list you sent me is fine. The only problem I have now is that I no longer have the programme guide completed. I have the grid showing, but no prog information, unless I actually select a channel, press to view, then go back to the EPG view. Only then does it show what's on currently and the following prog. The rest of the grid remains blank:-( Any ideas?
Thanks
Neville

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
nebeluk said:
Hi Brian, me again lol. The list you sent me is fine. The only problem I have now is that I no longer have the programme guide completed. I have the grid showing, but no prog information, unless I actually select a channel, press to view, then go back to the EPG view. Only then does it show what's on currently and the following prog. The rest of the grid remains blank:-( Any ideas?
Thanks
Neville
Hi Neville

UK 7-day EPG must be set to ON in the Menu/System Setting/Other Settings option - this is the 'Freesat' option

Also, on some versions of the software, the 7 day EPG does not work well if Logical Channel Number(Freesat 101,102 etc) is set ON. Set this to OFF. The channels will then be numbered 1-999 in your channel sequence. Personally, I find this better and have it set this way anyway.

Hope this helps

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Hi Brian, followed your advice once again...and yes it worked. Now got the full EPG. I don't know what happened as I used to get all the EPG before, then after I loaded the new Channel list, it just didn't work. I think that this Fortecstar Passion had been out of the box before I bought it as so many things appear to have been "tweaked". Anyway, all well once again. Again many thanks for a working STB :-)

Yorkie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi , I used Brian's chanel list to correct my lack of BBC1 HD, BBC HD, Chanel 4 HD and BBC4, may be even more than this missing but those were the main ones. BBC HD and BBC1 HD just gave the message 'No Signal' the others were non existant after a Freesat or Fortec HD retune.Brians chanel list worked except lost ITV HD(all versions ,North , South , etc.) after turning receiver on and off. Have contacted Fortec Star , awaiting reply.
Receiver Fortec Star Passion HD with October 2010 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.