FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
There are some problems with the very latest version of SetEditPassion - it does switch off the HD flag. I have reverted back to v1.03 - see attached.

What I dont understand is if you have loaded the Channel List from 6th Dec 11, why you have to use SetEditPassion or make any TP changes at all. Surely all you need to do to rearrange your channels is to use the Channel Edit sub-menu. select Channel List and by use of the Mosaic and Blue buttons you can move any channel you want without touching any of the TP settings.

Attachments

• SetEditPassion_en.zip
    854.6 KB · Views: 158

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Llew said:
Not sure what you mean Neville, You mean update an individual transponder? You use Advanced Scan and put in your parameters (frequency, SR, FEC).

nebeluk said:
Hi Llew, yes I do mean individual channels, and yes, I have entered all the info into the "advanced scan" on the Passion HD. I seem to be having two problems with this, and I'm wondering if it's a problem with my STB as it has happened before. I enter all the info, press the red button to accept the changes, press the back button 3 times to get back to the main screen, only to find that the settings have not changed when I get back to the channel ie BBC HD or ITV 1 HD. I have spent the whole of tonight from 6pm trying to fix this. I downloaded from you your channel updates of the 06/12. On my screen it showed two ITV 1 HD, one at the very end of the list and another in position 10. the one in position 10 did not work, but the one at the end of the list did.... and I changed them around with SetEdit, only to find that the new one in the number 10 position no longer worked. When I went to set up both ITV 1 HD and BBC HD. the new settings were saved as user choice at the end of the list. The BBC HD works from that position, the ITV 1 HD does not. Any further suggestions? I look forward with interest to any suggestions :-(
Thanks for the help
Neville

My instructions in this thread :-

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...annels-since-change-dvb-s2-6-june-2011-a.html

tell you to make any TP adjustments to 'existing' TPs in the SAT/TP Edit sub-menu option. They will never be remembered in Advance Scan unless a NEW channel is found.

I am confused as to why ITV1 is at position 10 . It should be at 6 after first uploading. I think some of your other problems are caused by the latest version of SEP

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
briangw said:
Mods can this Thread be renamed with ' / Latest Channel List' added to the end

OK Brian, have renamed it.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
briangw said:
There are some problems with the very latest version of SetEditPassion - it does switch off the HD flag. I have reverted back to v1.03 - see attached.

Yes, I'm using the original v.1.0.1 for adding HD flags, then saving and transferring the file to v.1.0.5 if I need the 'NEW' box for changing file types (sdx) if I'm loading a new channel list from a source other than dnl.

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion HD 83cm Dish
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Hello Llew, I was using the original SEP to edit the list, not the latest version. I had re-ordered your list, as I said originally, because I wanted ITV Meridian, BBC south etc at the top of the list, not your local stations. To move that amount of channels using the mosaic/blue button is quite a monumental task, and I thought it easier to drag and drop in SetEdit Passion. However, when I did this, and uploaded to the box, I noticed that somehow the setting for BBC hd had changed, and had no reception. I tried to change the settings to the correct ones by "Advanced scan" etc(followed your instructions to the letter) rather than have to upload the original list of yours again (all channels work on that). I assume that somehow settings were changed when dragging and dropping in the original SetEditPassion. I hope that clears that up for you,
thanks again for your help.

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Hello Llew, just to follow up with my last post: 1) Your channel list. After I had re-loaded this, I had no problem viewing, the BBC1 HD or ITV1 HD. ( Are you aware that there are two positions showing for ITV1 HD...at No.6 and No.112? (Each with different settings) However, the No6 on the list was working fine.
2) After re-arranging your list with the original SetEdit Passion v1, and uploading this to the STB, I lost ITV1 HD again. Upon checking the original settings with the ones shown on the TV, they were identical. The only thing I could think was different was that it was showing SD not HD. Re-setting that in advanced scan made no difference.
3) I tried copying the .DLL for the 1.3 version of SetEditPassion into the root directory of my v1 (from your zipped file) as the instructions gave, but when launched again, it showed only the original version (v1). Ah well, I suppose I can live without ITV1 HD

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The SetEdit1.0.3 is what Brian uploaded Neville, but any SetEdit Passion before 1.0.4 (I think) will be fine. Don't extract anything from it, it's a complete SetEdit version to use as well as the 1.05 version. In the earlier version, click on the ITV1 HD channel in the 'change channel data' pop-up, and tick the HD box.

Are you aware that there are two positions showing for ITV1 HD...at No.6 and No.112?

Yes, you're right, of course there are several ITV1 HD regional channels.

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Llew said:
The SetEdit1.0.3 is what Brian uploaded Neville, but any SetEdit Passion before 1.0.4 (I think) will be fine. Don't extract anything from it, it's a complete SetEdit version to use as well as the 1.05 version. In the earlier version, click on the ITV1 HD channel in the 'change channel data' pop-up, and tick the HD box.

Yes, you're right, of course there are several ITV1 HD regional channels.

Hi Llew, sorry I realise on checking that indeed it was briangw who submitted the zip of the seteditpassion v 1.3. As I said, I followed the instructions on the updating from an earlier version to the 1.3 (copying the new .dll into the windows root directory of v 1) but that did not launch the updated 1.3. The earlier version (at least the one I have) does not have the possibility of ticking any box for HD in the "change channel data"
After saving your original channel list with seteditpassion v 1 to USB stick, I uploaded that to my Passion HD, abd had no trouble viewing the various HD channels. It was only after editing your list to my channels have either Meridian, or other areas listed with them...not just showing ITV1 HD. Sorry if I seem to be getting things wrong, but to me, it should be a simple job to select the chosen area preferences, and have them work. I still think the problem may be with the early version of SetEditPassion, and I wondered if others had had the same problem?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hmm... Brian's version should be OK, that's what he used, but here's version 1.01, which I used for setting the HD flags -

Attachments

• SetEditPassion_v101.zip
    598.7 KB · Views: 132

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
nebeluk said:
as I said originally, because I wanted ITV Meridian, BBC south etc at the top of the list, not your local stations. To move that amount of channels using the mosaic/blue button is quite a monumental task
Why is it such a monumental task to move 2 or 3 channels in the Menu Channel Editor ????

• Go to required Channel in list
  • Press Mosaic button
  • Go to where you want it
  • press BLUE button
  • Confirm YES Move

Probably 10 seconds per channel !

You have been given a complete up to date and working list, surely 30 seconds to move 2 or 3 regional channels is not too much effort.

There is no reason at all to use SEP to move channels around. I use it so that I can keep complete manual control over new channels or frequencies without re-scanning.

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
briangw said:
Why is it such a monumental task to move 2 or 3 channels in the Menu Channel Editor ????

• Go to required Channel in list
  • Press Mosaic button
  • press BLUE button
  • Confirm YES Move

You have been given a complete up to date and working list, surely 30 seconds to move 2 or 3 regional channels is not too much effort.

There is no reason at all to use SEP to move channels around. I use it so that I can keep complete manual control over new channels or frequencies without re-scanning.
Firstly Brian, you assume other people have your knowledge....always bad to assume anything and berating people is a definite no no! Secondly, I wanted to arrange them in the order I prefer, which involved many more that 2 or 3 channels. Thirdly, I have since discovered that it was the version 1 of the SetEditPassion that lost the HD flags on SOME channels when they were re-ordered(there is no box to check for HD channels). I tried copying the .dll file from your version 1.3 SEP to my original v1 as instructed in the PDF file...it did not work. I installed the 1.1 version Llew supplied, and I was able to flag the HD channels after they had been moved to the position I wanted...problem solved...thanks Llew. Now that SetEditPassion 1.1 is working, it is soooo much easier to reorganise a list with that. One for the knowledge base perhaps. Many thanks to those who make the up-to-date channel list...it is greatly appreciated.

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
nebeluk said:
Firstly Brian, you assume other people have your knowledge....always bad to assume anything and berating people is a definite no no!
The reason I post on this Forum is to help people who dont have my (or others) level of knowledge. The frustrating thing is when they dont take any notice of what you tell them !

nebeluk said:
because I wanted ITV Meridian, BBC south etc at the top of the list, not your local stations. To move that amount of channels using the mosaic/blue button is quite a monumental task
I saw that little word 'etc' and assumed it to mean 'and not much else', whereas what you actually meant was 'major re-organisation of the channel list'. I do apologise for misunderstanding your use of that word and then giving you the following well meant and accurate instructions as to how best to deal with your requirement:-
briangw said:
Surely all you need to do to rearrange your channels is to use the Channel Edit sub-menu. select Channel List and by use of the Mosaic and Blue buttons you can move any channel you want without touching any of the TP settings.

LLew advised you to go to this thread
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...g-freesat-epg-work-latest-channel-list-2.html
but you do not even have appeared to have downloaded the VERY LATEST channel list (Post 16) on that thread otherwise you would have had a further 5 regions of ITV1 HD between 95-99, and not :-
nebeluk said:
Are you aware that there are two positions showing for ITV1 HD...at No.6 and No.112?
It does help if you read a thread, to follow it all the way through to the end in case there are additional developments which help further.

So, on the basis that I gave you this advice :-
briangw said:
Why is it such a monumental task to move 2 or 3 channels in the Menu Channel Editor ????Go to required Channel in list
  • Press Mosaic button
  • press BLUE button
  • Confirm YES Move
Even if you had to move or delete 50 channels, it should have taken about 10 minutes. How long have you spent faffing around with different versions of SEP. I think my original advice is still valid.

And finally
nebeluk said:
Many thanks to those who make the up-to-date channel list...it is greatly appreciated.
You are welcome !

nebeluk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ste.Maxime, Var ,France
Brian,thank you for your reply. I would point out that I did not spend vast amounts of time with various versions of SetEdit. The problem of the lost HD flag was due to the fact that the original version No1 which I had, did not have the ability to flag HG which I had not realised, the version which Llew made available 1.01 did, and therefore the problem was rectified. I am skilled in computer tech, not STB's and prefer OSD manipulation. That is my choice.
To assume that I did not follow Llew's link to your newer channel list (post 16) was also incorrect, but I reverted back to Llew's as yours had a problem with C4 HD (as someone else said)
As I also said, one for the knowledge base. SetEdit Passion v 1 as supplied by Fortecstar should be upgraded to at least 1.01 if working with the HD channels. Thank you again for taking time to reply, but I think this subject is now closed. Previously I had always found your advice to be of great help.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Brian and Neville, I think we have gone far enough as far as the finer points of SetEdit Passion are concerned. You've both made valid arguments on the subject, and I don't think there's any scope for further discussion without it generating bad feeling on both sides.

There's plenty of information on this thread and others regarding the Fortec Passion, and of course any other queries can be started on a new thread, so I'll close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.