Fortecstar. Ultimate problem/Ultra explanation

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
Hello Peeps,
I have recently bought and had installed a Fortecstar motorised system.

It would appear that there may be a problem with this model (or some of 'em),
relating to software. The receiver just sends the dish awol when you try changing channels on same satellite. Anyone else heard of this?

Anyway, in the meantime i have been given a Fortecstar Ultra which works fine, but i would be grateful if someone could help me with a few :-newb questions.

1).Which is the best way to scan in the channels. Satellite scan, Power scan, Transponder scan etc.

2).What do the different options do and when should i use them.

3). Is there any point in scanning ALL+D or should i just scan ALL?

Thanks,

Yorks :-newb

Ps. Not tps aswell. :-cry1

buzz

Mad Scientist on loose
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
10 dishes, 3 receivers.
My Location
Yank
I would first bypass the positioner motor and hook up directly to the LNB. Have it aimed to a satellite then do a power scan with "all". This will take a little while but it does a complete sweep of the satellite and will find all possible transponders and what is on them. Before this is done though you need to make sure that the LNB info is entered correctly in the "antenna set up" part of the menu. If the positioner is irratic it may be due to how you set up the positioner information in the "antenna setup" part of the menu also. (I assuming this is a DiSecq controlled positioner motor)

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
Yes,
It is a DiSecq motor. But the Ultimate doesn't seem to like it, whereas the Ultra does. The dealer/installer is trying to sort it.

Thanks for the advice on Power scan.

Yorks :-newb