Forum Sponsorship

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-Jul-02 AT 09:31 PM (GMT)]I don't know if any of you noticed, but in the last subscription update E-mail, the forum was asking for sponsorship donations. I must confess that I didn't notice, mainly because I don't read them because I get notification of every post that appears automatically.

In the light of the performance deficiencies of the previous server and the move to the newer and I think everyone will agree, better, London based server, there is a big monthly deficit. It's probably too big to be covered by donations, but getting somewhere towards bridging the gap would be good.

There will be no Kudos, or individual membership benefits gained by the anonymous sponsorship, as its better that the forum owes nobody any favours. I would still ask that if any members feel that they have found the forum useful, helpful, or just good fun, then on receipt of the next subscription update, commit a few dollars to help keep the forum alive.

Rolf

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Thanks for the plug Rolf, should anyone feel the need to help support this site follow the link below to make your donations-

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=chris%40astra-systems.com&item_name=Satellites.co.uk+Web+Site+Donation

Thanks
chris.

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

Whilst I am happy to donate, is it possible to make the payment by cash to a bank account, details of which can be posted, as I am a bit paranoid about using my credit card for payment because of the nature of this hobby.

Regards

Prince

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The payments are through paypal Prince, you pay them via your debit card, or I believe cheque (this method may only be available in the US).

I've used it loads of times and it only shows the E-mail address that you use.

Rolf

PS, If you cannot do that, I'm sure Chris can arrange to mail you payment details.

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-Jul-02 AT 11:55 PM (GMT)]>I don't know if any of you noticed, but in the last
>subscription update E-mail, the forum was asking for
>sponsorship donations. I must confess that I didn't notice,
>mainly because I don't read them because I get notification
>of every post that appears automatically.
>
>In the light of the performance deficiencies of the previous
>server and the move to the newer and I think everyone will
>agree, better, London based server, there is a big monthly
>deficit. It's probably too big to be covered by donations,
>but getting somewhere towards bridging the gap would be
>good.
>
>There will be no Kudos, or individual membership benefits
>gained by the anonymous sponsorship, as its better that the
>forum owes nobody any favours. I would still ask that if any
>members feel that they have found the forum useful, helpful,
>or just good fun, then on receipt of the next subscription
>update, commit a few dollars to help keep the forum alive.
>
>Rolf

satelliteman

good thing but just one thing to ask how much can you put in i can not put in much at all my be ten pounds or a bit more
hope you can tell me rolf.
yours
satelliteman

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Almost any amount can be paid through the system I believe it goes as low as $5 US.

Rolf

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

Thanks Rolf, I would try and take the plunge with my debit card.

Regards

Prince