Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ V2 160 4R160LO.
Toshiba 32" 32WL48P.
Digitheatre DTS.
My Location
West Country
Hi,
I am a newbie so hope this is the correct place for posting my question.

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR which I have had for some time, and no mater what I do to it will not record the end of a programme and to day is the day that I would like to find out WHY.

Today I recorded The Tour de France Cycle Race from 2.00pm till 4.30pm some 2.5 hours, long so why does this machine which is suppose to be the dogs B******S record 2:28mins, the system is in stand by, and no one is watching TV. So you cant blame me, and there aren’t no kids either, I did not get the final results.

My one saving grace is my very old $KY + box which has never suffered this problem and has never let me down so I will now record the complete race with the Pace unit, but alas not in HD which is why I purchased this STB in the First place.

Please can you help me.

Regards

BinB

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
A couple of questions.

Are you running the HDR with a single feed from the LNB or a double feed?

Do these short recordings show up in red as a bad or failed recoding in the Media lists?

Incidentally, isn't theTour de France on ITV4? In which case it's only available in SD on Freesat.

BinB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ V2 160 4R160LO.
Toshiba 32" 32WL48P.
Digitheatre DTS.
My Location
West Country
I am running the HDR on a twin feed from the LNB ( I have a quad LNB 2feeds for $ky & 2 For Humax ).

No it just shows the recorded time which is short.

You are right the Tour on ITV 4 is SD on freesat but the up scaling on the Humax is a much better picture than my $ky + box, on my Sony KD-l37 Ex503. However, I have since noticed a few programs I have recorded have the end cut short.

There is a section in the settings to extend the record time but they are Greyed out and I now not what to do to extend the record time.

I now get the day’s results and enjoy watching the Tour.

Many thanks for you interest.

Barrie.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The Padding options are greyed out while the box is recording, so try again after checking the box is dormant.

Any padding set through the Main Menu will apply for all recordings, but you can set manual padding for an individual reservation by editing the times (press yellow on the item in the schedule list). This removes accurate and series recording and essentially converts the item to a manually set timer

BinB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ V2 160 4R160LO.
Toshiba 32" 32WL48P.
Digitheatre DTS.
My Location
West Country
I have now reset the recording times and will check that the thing records the full programme.
Once again many thanks for your help.
Barrie.