compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Hi Folks,
I know this has been done to death, but I'd still like to have your opinions:)

I've settled on buying one of the above in aluminum, and I'd like to hear what any of you have to say about them,

Whichever one I decide to install will be mounted on a motor on the roof of a bungalow,

@ Rolfw, I know you tested Fracarro Pent 85cm, Do you have any comparison info with the Triax 88cm?

Regards.
C,

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, unfortunately I couln't test them side by side, as by the time the Fracarro unit arrived, I had no more Triax dishes in stock and my wholesaler had stopped stocking them. The only think I can say, is that the Fracarro performed significantly better, particularly when looking at satellites like 16 East, with from memory an improvement of 4db or better in signal strength.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
and that's a doubling of power so to speak.
dB=10 Log and all that, can't find the formula........ :D

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Thanks Guys, From what I've read, the Fracarro Penta seems to be worth the few extra notes it will cost.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Even if it performed the same, I would still go for it, as it has a much better build quality and is more compact.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
I just ordered the Fracarro Penta from one of the site advertisers,

Thanks again,
regards
C :cool:

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
the triax dish has an iffy dish elevation bracket which is annoying, you get the right setting and slowly tighten the bolts and it loses the setting which is not good

i would not recommend the dish, stay away in my opinion as they are too thin and flexible

i wonder how the penta dish compares to the 90cm gibertini dish , any one compared them ?

rolfw, you installed that fibo dish yet ?