Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Anyone used one of these? How do they perform?

I need to raise our sky dish up due to tree having grown a bit which means a new dish. I like the look of these - even if they are a bit more expensive than round dishes (OK I admit I just want to be different :D)

Attachments

• fracarro.jpg
    fracarro.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 57

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
They are fine for signal, and last for ever as they are all alloy and plastic. Just be careful who you buy them from, I have had a few bolt packs missing bolts, robbing Peter to pay Paul in the warehouse.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have been waiting for them to send me a test dish which they promised, guess it isn't going to arrive though.

I spoke to the guy from Fracarro at the last show on July and he says they do perform well, he seemed to think better than a Triax 88cm, but was reluctant to back up the as good as a 1m claim.

The one I saw was not plastic and alloy, but steel face with steel bracket, they do also an aluminium face, but it also as far as I know has a steel bracket.

They are well made though.

Edit. :) Just spoke to a very nice young lady at Fracarro and she is organising one for me, I shall then do an immediate trial against a Triax 88cm. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
That'll be interesting. I've got used to including '-fracarro' in my ebay searches purely because I became tired of wading through pages and pages of them :)

bigsteve101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7025
My Location
LANCS
I have one works great - certainly out-performs my old 80cm mesh dish.