Fransat Card - 5 degrees west

Jens Hansen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 degrees w + 13 degrees E + 19,2 e
My Location
Denmark
Hello

I have a Fransat Cam for watching French tv. My TV is LG oled55b6v. I have no problems watching all the channels. My problem is - If I install the card and accept the tv to install the the Operator profile and make the proper install, then all my other satellite channels from Astra and Hotbird are no longer watchable as it says no signal. The tv continues to ask for to install the operator profile.

So no I have put the Cam in the tv without installing.

How can I make a proper install and still keep my other channels?

Thank you

Jens
Denmark

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure there's a way around your problem, TVs with satellite tuners are generally pretty basic software wise, not expecting people to require multisat viewing, better to get a separate boc for your Fransat viewing, or forego the other satellites.

A

archive10

Hello

I have a Fransat Cam for watching French tv. My TV is LG oled55b6v. I have no problems watching all the channels. My problem is - If I install the card and accept the tv to install the the Operator profile and make the proper install, then all my other satellite channels from Astra and Hotbird are no longer watchable as it says no signal. The tv continues to ask for to install the operator profile.

So no I have put the Cam in the tv without installing.

How can I make a proper install and still keep my other channels?

Thank you

Jens
Denmark
Hej Jens, welcome to the forum.

A key question here is: How to you receive signal from multiple sats?
Do you have a side-loaded LNB on a normal dish (via DiSEqC switch), or do you have motorised dish?

Your LG supports LNB tracking through DiSEqC (1.0 or 1.2).
While I do not have access to your LG tv, I have an LG myself that is a couple of years old.
This is running with Astra 2D through a multi-switch, as well as cable.
If I want to tune a different sat connected to my switch, I have to add a satellite in the scanning menu, with the proper DiSEqC command, and then do a search on this.

I do not have a CAM for Fransat, so I can't check how this works, but my other sat reception systems automatically figure out when to use the CAM and when not to.

Can you provide a little more detail of your installation?

A

archive10

If I want to tune a different sat connected to my switch, I have to add a satellite in the scanning menu, with the proper DiSEqC command, and then do a search on this.
To pre-empt the pedant squad on the forum (you know who you are), I have to point out that the multiswitch isn't actually connected directly to satellites.
It is of course connected to multiple LNBs on a multifocus dish, so that choosing a different DiSEqC A/B/C/D position choosed *reception* from a different sat.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

archive10

To pre-empt the pedant squad on the forum (you know who you are), I have to point out that the multiswitch isn't actually connected directly to satellites.
It is of course connected to multiple LNBs on a multifocus dish, so that choosing a different DiSEqC A/B/C/D position choosed *reception* from a dfiiferent sat.
Just occurred to me: Did I just join the pedant squad myself there, in some sort of meta-form??

Sorry, back to the real topic: Can OP please describe how his multiple LNBs are arranged, and if it all works without the CAM, or not at all.