Free Firewall & Anti-Virus S/W

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
The one thing I did manage to download was a free Firewall. I have been told that it is one of the best Firewalls available (we will see).
It was easy to download once you managed to find it, and it is Zonelabs basic firewall.
It takes about 25 minutes to download, and so far it has worked very well and is easy operate.
I think this is the same one that Shadid mentioned last year. If that is so, if anyone tried it then can they let us know how they got on.
www.zonelabs.com

As for the Anti-Virus protection I have not downloaded this yet, will try tomorrow.
www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
and it supposed to be excellent (yet again we will see)

Both of these are FREE. :-band

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Both are good Rob, use Grisoft antivirus now, but have migrated to www.Kerio.com for my firewall, also a good free one.

j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
The Kerio Firewall is Excellent ......... Been using it for a few years & still to find somthing to beat it.......... Thats free

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England