Free to air & receivers

My Satellite Setup
None yet
My Location
Midwest
Are there some receivers on the market that are able to get other signals then free to air which are viewable by installing software to the Receiver?
I know I am walking a thin line on this question if you want just email the reply.
Rich

Rob

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Of course there are, loads of them and no thin line. :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
But it does depend on what you can receive at your location, there is for example a bigger selection of providers available in Europe, whereas in the US, there are really only a couple of options. There are dedicated US and Canadian forums for these two, we don't really dicuss them here, as we cannot see the satellites.

PS. Don't try and join a US forum with that IP, they may bump you.;)

Rob

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I'm a silly sod never thought he might be american, were he has midwest thought he meant Manchester area.
Think I better have a lay down.:-doh!

My Satellite Setup
None yet
My Location
Midwest
Thanks all for the help I am still looking to get my feet wet and set up a system that will work in the US.
Rich

whatsthis

My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
If he came from manchester (north-west by the way) he wouldn't choose a name like iwantsnow.
There's only 3 types of weather in Manchester, It's raining, it's just stopped raining and it's going to rain!

Sorry I hijacked this thread to tell a bad joke

Zorba

aka Skyman
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I thought it was "i wants now" ,sort of Ali G speak for "i want it now".
Ay.