Free to air with a non Sky box??

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
I have my sky box here in Cairo and it's working fine but what I would like to do now is get another box just for free to air radio and pump into a few places around the house through computer speakers so I can have radio in my office and bed room while other people are watching TV.

Is it possible to get free to are stuff with a non sky box or will I have to go through all this hassel and smuggel another box past customs at the airport?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Robbie, apart from the ones that are already available on a standard FTA receiver (those that work now if you pull the card out), you should also have BBC radios 2 and 4 in the not too distant future.

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
XLNT, Thanks Rolf, I'll give it a go and see what still works. I should be able to use the same dish with another LNB? NO?
Thanks for the Pyramid.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, should be OK with a good quality twin or quad, don't know the date for the BBC radio channels to move back, but I'm sure someone will tell us when it happens. :)