Free TV Channels

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Me first then

If you are looking for the availability of a set of channels in a particular language (transmitting without encryption) are available, the following link allows you to pull off a number of possibilities.

Simply by selecting the satellite(s) name to the right of the channel, this gives access to the orbital slot and in most cases appropriate footprints, to work out the signal strength and whether its above or below the horizon

http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/index.shtml

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Maybe the most useful TV aid that I now have in the bag is the Satlook Digital NIT box.

This has transformed the equipment I have on the roof (I managed to squeeze another 0.8dB gain out of the dish at low band by adding some home made scalar rings to the feed, and another 0.3dB at high band by distorting the dish edges).

This box has also highlighted some of the problems of relying on modern Universal LNBs with their fixed polarity, when using a motorised dish, I fitted one just for an experiment, but nothing comes close to the mechanical polarotor for fine tuning across the whole arc.

Will post a full report when I fix the camera

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
I agree it is almost certian that the dish has supplied due to tolerances in production are nearly always to "wide".

The best while offering 0.2 mm surface accuracy still at KU band can be improved if you have the time care and equipment. It is almost the same reason why all of my dishes have ADI feeds since I equally gained approx 1-3 db just be selecting the ADI feed.

The old Chapperal feeds were very lossy at Ku band - I estimate on the 3.7 mtr as much as 2.7 db ! However it takes around three days of fine tuning to acheive the best from the ADI feed,

Completely agree Universal LNB - work very well as long as we limit thier application for there intended purpose.

The recievers with Polorotor control are not so many any more as they used to be great loss.

One point of interest would be is that I recently managed to see the Analogue feed on G3 at 74 .0 west - normall footprint is the USA with some Atlantic coverage.

Weak digital signals are some thing else !

looking forward to the photos

Best regards

Old Satellite

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Does anybody get 75w to 75e.

Must send the wife up on the roof again, swing that mini dish.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The maximum I can get is 72 East to about 60 West on the 1.8m which seems to cover everything up above Europe

The 3.7m struggles with satellites further than 60 East and 34 West due to trees and buildings

Reaction score
can i get hex files to watch free tv like ABC, WIN SA, GTS/BKN, i can tune them into my tv but i want them on a card to view, is that possible?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Doesnt sound like a European request. Are they cable broadcasts?

What are they encrypted in - (if not as your namesake)?

Reaction score
no, there free to air stations, there not encrypted, im not getting my channels clear and wanted to know if i can get them on card

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Then if they are free to air, then no card is required, only the correct receiving apparatus for your location

(or are you talking about a PC card ?)

Reaction score
no, i have austar, and i wanted to know if there is hex files so i can put them on a goldcard to put in my austar tv set top box and watch them without the hassel of tuning (i have a fine tune tv)