freecam &PMK

D

dmc

Is it possible to put a PMK to a Freecam without using a laptop (e.g. via remote control)?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Not a PMK (plainmasterkey). Or at least, it is possible but it won't do you any good since the FreeCAM does not auto-update its internal keys. PMK is used for auto-update.
But it is possible to enter the lowest level, non auto-updating PKs (plainkeys) via the remote. That's what the "enter keys" function in the CAM's menu is for. They must however be entered as strings of decimal numbers (since only digits 0...9 are supported on a standard remote). So you need to convert the actual hexadecimal codes for provider and plainkey into decimal "freecam codes". That process has been discussed before on the board so you can get more detail by locating those older threads (search function).

2old

Ouzo

Reaction score
Hi,2old,
I tried a search relating to this topic with negative results.
Any further advice would be appreciated.
All the best,
Ouzo.

R

Robinson

Does that mean Humax IRCI-5400 with patched software does not auto-update Irdeto keys?
I knew it didn't update the other systems but I thought it was possible to have auto-update Irdeto with proper PMK and ID?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Robinson

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Ouzo:
I don't understand how you failed to find the info.
I just did an "and" type search on keywords "FreeCAM codes" in the "Cams & decoders" forum and it immediately came back with the following two threads (one archived). http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID14/191.html
http://www.satellites.co.uk/cgi-bin/webforum/forum.cgi?az=read_count&om=17&forum=DCForumID14

Robinson:
This has nothing to do with the Humax. Question was about the FreeCAM.
A patched Humax5400 does indeed allow autoupdate of inserted cards. And so does an Irdeto CI CAM patched as FreeCAM! The question, however, related to the use of the FreeCAM's internal card emulator (the whole point about FreeCAM is that the internal irdeto emulator allows reception of irdeto/betacrypt channels with nocard at all inserted). It is that internal emulator that does not auto-update.

2old