FreeCam vs AllCam

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
What is the difference between a FreeCam and AllCam ?

I have a FreeCam which I got from a friend. The IRDETO menu shows it as a
FreeCam. Is FreeCam2.017 the latest version of a FreeCam or is this an
AllCam version. I understand from the previous post that this version
allows Viaccess and Seca programs for free.

Jude

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
>What is the difference between a FreeCam and AllCam ?
I have dealt with this issue many times already on this board. PLEASE READ EARLIER POSTS - use the "search" function to locate relevant posts.

>Is FreeCam2.017 the latest version of a FreeCam
yes, v0.17 is the latest version.

2old

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 13-Sep-01 AT 02:25 PM (GMT)]I upgraded the FreeCam to FreeCam2 using a notebook computer. After doing this it showed me as FreeCam2 in the CI menu of my digital receiver.

The problem is that Now I don't get any programs that I used to get. What must have gone wrong. Have I to update the codes manually ?

I am getting new options in the IRDETO -> Goodies menu.

I have a FortecStar FSCI 9800 digital receiver.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Sjude - did you read earlier posts as I suggested? The workings of the FreeCAM in general and FreeCAM2 v0.17 specifically have already been explained. You should be looking at things like the setting of the EMU parameter, and the keys that are included in the v0.17 CAM (as distinct from those included in previous versions). If after reading those posts you still have a problem, please get back to us and we will help. You will also need to be more specific - eg which channels using which encryption systems are you no longer able to receive, and which (if any) type of card and/or wafer-software are you using...

2old

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 14-Sep-01 AT 12:52 PM (GMT)]Sorry 2old, I never gave details. I am tuned to Hotbird & PAS4/7 and was watching Nova and MultiChoice Africa respectively. I also have tuned to Asiasat 3S. All this through a diseq switch.

I could watch Nova with this FreeCam. After patching it to Freecam2 v0.17 I lost it. Multichoice was lost after 15th August. Is it after I upgrade I need to put in the codes manually. I went through the previous post using the search function but never found anything that I could use. I turn OFF the EMU function and then it ask for a SMART Card.

Can I get Star TV network from AsiaSat 3S using this allCam version.

Sorry to trouble you 2old.

I also programmed a card using the HEX files for Nova using a Elvis programmer and a Gold wafer card. The CAM does not recognize the when I turn Emulator to OFF.

Regards,
Jude

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The FreeCAM firmware (be it FreeCAM or FreeCAM2 of whatever version) incorporates Irdeto/betacrypt keys that are used to decrypt certain channels. That is why no card is needed fo the channels covered by those keys. But they are only plainkeys, and the FreeCAM firmware does not include any auto-update functionality. So whenever the provider changes plainkeys, you will lose the picture until you enter the new keys (a menu option with such a CAM).

Nova changes plainkeys typically several times a day... so if you had a picture before and since programming the CAM no more then it due to the fact that Nova had changed keys in the meantime.

Another possibility is that Nova had not changed keys in that interval but the keys in the firmware were not up to date. Then you should simply add the new key using the menu options ("enter plainkey" - there ARE posts here describing how to do that. I know. I wrote them myself...)

Having said all of the above, there is one more important point: Nova and MSCA recently moved to Irdeto ACS v2.1 ("Irdeto2"). This is a new version of Irdeto, and the FreeCAM emulator is for the old version. So you will NEVER get a picture on those encrypted channels using the emulator. You may get a picture using an official Irdeto2 subscriber card (switch EMU OFF) but I've never tested that.

2old

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Thanks a lot 2old. I understand that now I need to either get the plain keys or a card programmed for it. Can this card be autoupdating. I programmed a gold card with a HEX files that I had and turned the EMU OFF. This card worked. what are the other encryptions that I can use. Do I need to keep switching cards for various encryptions ?

Is SEGA and Mediaguard the same.
Jude
:)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
questions, questions....

the card you put into your Irdeto CAM (be it original, or an allCAM, or indeed a FreeCAM with the emulator switched off) can indeed be auto-updating.
A FreeCAM2 v0.15/16/17 can - when used with a suitably programmed card (or season interface+software such as Wallbanger) - be used for Irdeto (& Betacrypt), Viaccess, and Mediaguard. Depends on how robust the wafer software is as to whether resets are needed when switching encryption systems.

SEGA is a games manufacturer.
SECA is an acronym for "Societe Europeene de Controle D'Acces" - the name of the consortium that developed and licences (eg to Canal+ and to ITV-Digital) the encryption system called "Mediaguard". Seca is to Mediaguard as NDS is to Videoguard, or Mindport is to Irdeto.

2old

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 18-Sep-01 AT 06:18 AM (GMT)]Sorry 2old for my questions. But when we need answers we don't find it so the reason to post again. The search function gives more than what you need - and that is confusing.

I suggest that these important topics or answers should be store somewhere where it can be accessed from.

Now I have another question about DS9.

I programmed a Silvercard with the DS9 HEX files. I put it in a Freecam2 v0.17. Turned the EMU OFF. What other settings are required on the IRDETO CAM.

I was searching about (explanations) all the menu options in FreeCAM but never found any.

I don't get any program with the DS9 Silver card but after a long time I get message - Insert SMART Card. Before this when I check the status I get something like Auto.... card and provider no which is different for different providers. eg. for Nova I get 1d53 and the codes displayed are 1d 1d 1d 00 00 00 00 00 but that changes to 50 50 50 00 00 00 00 00 and then it ask for SMART card. I am confused with the DS9 card because a programmed card works and I get Nova with the same codes displayed - 1d 1d 1d ....

Give me the site name for the emulators on PC and how to built a Season interface.

Sorry again.

Jude
:D