Freecam2- what type of programming?

C

cass

Hi I recently upgraded an irdeto cam to freecam 2. This was successful because the CI identifies it as a freecam 2 and the emulation works fine.

Then I need to watch programs with card so I set
ALL EM:OFF
ECM:Irdeto
EMU:OFF

The problem is that when I insert a card (SM) with programmed keys I cannot see any channel. The keys are the latest provided.

So is there a specific version of hex files (for pic and eeprom) that I need to lookout for?

I tried both seca in irdeto and seca codes only.

Regards

Y

yiann

can you please help me to update my cam to a free cam as well?

I am really new in this area and I do not really know how yo do this.

I have a manhattan receiver and I am currently using an irdeto cam.

I would like to view both sega and viaccess with the same cam. Is it possible?

Thank you.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
yiann
look at old postings; search eg on "ird106" and "freecam" or "freecam2". It's all in here.

cass
what is "SM"? Do you mean a card with surface mounted chips?
In any event, it's not the format of the chips but their specification that we need to know. IE are you using a goldcard, bluecard, piccard2, jupiter1, jupiter2, funcard, or what.
And of course, what is the fileset you are using on the card? Irvito? Irseto? Vmax? ds9? etc etc.

2old

C

cass

HI

sorry, SM does mean surface mounted and I am using a gold wafer.

Also I programmed an irseto on the card which did not work then others which said 10 seca 5 irdeto, one of which conveniently had an eeprom editor to enter latest seca keys, another which said that it was tested on the FreeCam2.

none worked.

Could it be that my card does not have a good enough pic? Do I need a funcard or DS9?

Another thing which I do not understand is will seca keys auto update if ECM: is not set to seca (readme file withe Freecam2 said to leave it to Irdeto)

regards

Y

yiann

Can you please give me some more specific info as to how to view pay chanels without a card? and how to turn my cam into a Freecam or an All Camsince I iam now using a Card into an irdeto 1 cam. Iam watching the nova package which is going to move into Irdeto II and I would like to keep watching the package.

If there is any other way of keep the channels of Nova pack open and showing I would like to know.

Thanks

PS I am not at all into these things I have never tried to do anything like this before so I would apreciate it if you could give me as many details as possible on how to upgrade my cam.

C

cass

HI

All cam patch allows you to watch betacrypt and irdeto encrypted channels (if you insert a correctly programmed card)

Freecam: same as allcam but allows to emulate a card by loading the cam with PK's using your remote. (go cam settings-> freecam->keyboard and enter the new PK's in 3-digit decimal).

Freecam2: same as freecam but you may watch seca, irdeto and viaccess channels if you insert a correctly programmed card.

You need a laptop with PCMCIA slot to program an irdeto cam (not just any cam, must be of an older version) to allcam or freecam or freecam 2.

You also need the appropriate files which you can download from the internet, a readme.txt file is usually supplied. You may also use the search facility in this forum to learn how to update the cam.

As for IrdetoII. This is a more advanced encryption method and you cannot watch with a normal irdeto cam.

Regards :)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yiann
please stop hijacking this thread with new questions.
You should ask your new questions in a new thread.
And you should do what I suggested in response to your first post in this thread - namely go to the search function and search on FreeCAM2, ird106, etc. There is all the info you need already posted.

Cass
back to your own questions.
There are many reasons it may not work, and you need to be a bit more specific about the way in which it failed.
If the programming itself failed, then yes, you may be loading files onto an unsuitable card.
If the programming went ok but the channels you expected did not open up, then that may be because the keys were out of date, or because the files you used are not compatible with your particular decoder/CAM/card. These things are very sensitive. There are many variants. I have only found one single multi-encryption fileset which worked on a goldwafer in a FreeCAM2 and that was a fileset called secacodex (originally posted on the codex site, curently closed). It is a variant of irseto. In fact, there were separate versions for the freeCAM2 v0.16 and v0.17.

2old