FreeSat Card

rleone

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have just ordered a FreeSat card, is it true that you can only active the card with a S*K Box ??
As I have a DM 5620 !
Any help would be usefull, if so can I active the card with someones S*K box, then use the card in my DM ?
Many Thanks
Richard

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
rleone said:
Hi guys,
I have just ordered a FreeSat card, is it true that you can only active the card with a S*K Box ??
As I have a DM 5620 !
Any help would be usefull, if so can I active the card with someones S*K box, then use the card in my DM ?
Many Thanks
Richard
Richard, following the route I took, the following will work:
Get the freesat card.
Phone Sky and activate it in a Skybox. This may take some time so if you are squatting in a m8's Skybox, (s)he needs to be a good m8.
Once activated in the Sky box, then you need to write down the receiver ID numbers by going into the service menu:
Service -> 4 System Setup -> 5 System details
Write down the serial number including leading zeros.
Make sure the card is opening all encrypted channels like ITV, C4 five etc before pulling it from Skybox.
Insert into the CI slot of dreambox and depending on the emu you are using, you need to go into CI menu where you will be asked for the serial number. Make sure you type in leading zeros.
I did this and zip, it worked straight off.

The residual question is what happens when Sky send the "keep this card going" signal. If your card is in the dreambox when this happens, I have no information on whether the dreambox will do the updating. If it doesn't, then you will be able to answer this question; ITV, C4 and five will go black and you will need to test the level of m8iness by squatting in your m8's Skybox till your card gets its update.

I have a freesat and a solus. One is in a (slug-slow) skybox and the other in my 7000S. I swap them on the 7th day of every month.
Due to distractions, my solus card was left out of skybox for 4 months this summer and did not work when I stuffed it back in. I ordered a freesat; that's why I have both, and the day the freesat card arrived, the solus card kicked off again. So Sky things are not always as black as painted; tho not far off when you look at the monthly sub.

Good luck.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
You do not need a boxkey for a SKY freesat (FTV) card. Only for a sky card with a subscription attached to it. Your card DOES hoewever need to be activated on a digibox, but once activated just pop it into the dreambox & use it with newcamd/betad. This will also keep the card alive, so no need to put it in a digibox once a month. Not even if you _have_ a subscription, newcamd will keep your card up-to-date. I have both a Sky Family pack card and a FTV card, and both haven't left my 7000S dreambox for over 6 months now.

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
My new card activated in the dreambox and has NEVER been in a digibox.