freesat in Israel

L

lazarltd

My Satellite Setup
using win.xp-pro. 1 mtr sat dish contected to Amos, hotbird, badr ku
My Location
Nothern Israel

Hi. I am new to this sight. Is it possible to receive freesat tv in Israel?
If so, what equipment would I need. I have a 1 mtr sat dish and 2 LNBs 1 receives Badr KU and the other hotbird. Is this sufficiant to connect to eurobird 28.2 E or astra 2d @ 28.2 E?
Thanks for any input

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Forget it. Most of the interesting channels are on Astra 2D - and in Israel you will need a dish around 7m in diameter to receive that!

Investigate the Showtime or Orbit packages - many of the channels carry English soundtracks.

The other possibility if you HAVE to have UK tv is a slingbox - plenty of info about them in the IPTV section on the forum.

L

lazarltd

My Satellite Setup
using win.xp-pro. 1 mtr sat dish contected to Amos, hotbird, badr ku
My Location
Nothern Israel
Thanks again. How do i find iptv forum?

Daniel Rothenberg

Daniel Rothenberg

My Satellite Setup
Computer with VPN to other country for watching jurisdiction-restricted media
My Location
Israel
You can always use a VPN service such as the free (ad-supported) www.expatshield.com to watch live via iPlayer or take out a subscription to eg Sky Go to watch what you want when you want without having to go the the trouble of buying and setting up a Slingbox

Topper

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Daniel_R said:
You can always use a VPN service such as the free (ad-supported) www.expatshield.com to watch live via iPlayer or take out a subscription to eg Sky Go to watch what you want when you want without having to go the the trouble of buying and setting up a Slingbox
Haven't things moved on in the intervening 5 years since this thread was started O-zzz I am not so sure however that Sky will accept a registration for Skygo from Israel but of course one can always find a friend or family member back in blighty