freesat in Israel

lazarltd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
using win.xp-pro. 1 mtr sat dish contected to Amos, hotbird, badr ku
My Location
Nothern Israel

Hi. I am new to this sight. Is it possible to receive freesat tv in Israel?
If so, what equipment would I need. I have a 1 mtr sat dish and 2 LNBs 1 receives Badr KU and the other hotbird. Is this sufficiant to connect to eurobird 28.2 E or astra 2d @ 28.2 E?
Thanks for any input

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Forget it. Most of the interesting channels are on Astra 2D - and in Israel you will need a dish around 7m in diameter to receive that!

Investigate the Showtime or Orbit packages - many of the channels carry English soundtracks.

The other possibility if you HAVE to have UK tv is a slingbox - plenty of info about them in the IPTV section on the forum.

lazarltd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
using win.xp-pro. 1 mtr sat dish contected to Amos, hotbird, badr ku
My Location
Nothern Israel
Thanks again. How do i find iptv forum?

Daniel Rothenberg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Computer with VPN to other country for watching jurisdiction-restricted media
My Location
Israel
You can always use a VPN service such as the free (ad-supported) www.expatshield.com to watch live via iPlayer or take out a subscription to eg Sky Go to watch what you want when you want without having to go the the trouble of buying and setting up a Slingbox

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Daniel_R said:
You can always use a VPN service such as the free (ad-supported) www.expatshield.com to watch live via iPlayer or take out a subscription to eg Sky Go to watch what you want when you want without having to go the the trouble of buying and setting up a Slingbox

Haven't things moved on in the intervening 5 years since this thread was started O-zzz I am not so sure however that Sky will accept a registration for Skygo from Israel but of course one can always find a friend or family member back in blighty