Freesat in Lugano, Switzerland

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
Hello all,
I've been out of the scene for a bit as I ditched my satellite setup due to moving house and considering a move down under.

Anywayyyyyyyy..........I want to come back; I've a new house and, if the mountain is not in the way, I want to have a 28/19/13 setup again - primarily for Freesat HD+ and also to feed into my HTPC which has a satellite card in it for footy.

How is the footprint for 28e now? I'm aiming to go for a Gilbertini 1m dish again with the 3 LNBs - 28e with a quad and 19/13 into a switch. From what I understand after scouring the forums is that 80cm+ should be good enough.

Also, for the box, I'm considering Samsung SMT-S7800 or the Foxsat.....

Any advice is welcome and if you know any installers in the area that can be recommended, I'd be well-chuffed :)

Thanks!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Things havent changed much at 28E. Yet - there is a brand new satellite heading for 28E right now :D (Astra 1N with multi beam wide & narrow capabilities)

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
awesome, I see reports that 1m should do me fine....now I just need the missus to liaise with a local installer and see if we have a good enough spot to clear the mountain....a neighbour has 13e running but I am nearer the mountain by 10m and higher. A half-arsed site survey for next door told them that they would not get 28e - but I think it was a family friend who did not want the cheap install and grief.

Watch this space then.....I won't be sourcing the box until Christmas and I assume the Sammy firmware will be sorted by then....!