Freesat with Panasonic Sky Digibox

German

Reaction score
I’m living in Minden (Germany) and watch the free channels with an old Panasonic Sky Digibox and an old freview card (yellow house). Newly there are messages about replacing the card and I should look at sky.com.. I don’t know why.
Is there a chance for suppressing or deactivating this messages ?

German

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Take the card out :D

Theres a card swap going on - the blue cards will expire sometime early in the new year.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Analoguesat said:
Take the card out :D
If you have a UK address, you can get the replacement card sent out and it might even be free if you've haven't had the old one long or signed up for the Sky for life promo. I don't think they are bothered if the address for the new card is the same as the one for the old card, as long as it is in the UK. Expect to get Sky ringing up to sell their subscription services though.

PLANTPOT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 mtr channel master
1224 motor
Technomate 1500+
Still in the garage,not had a chance to put it up yet :-)
Also 90cm channel master fixed
My Location
SW France
I am in the process of doing this now,go to the website stated on the onscreen message and enter your old card number,this will then tell you if you are entitled to a free exchange card or not,if you are you can enter any UK address and the card will be sent to that address.(you can then get it sent on to you)
If you are not entitled to a new card you will have to order a new freesat card costing £20-00 again will be sent only to a UK address.
If you are not worried about losing some channels,just pull out the card,remove the power lead and reboot the box without the card.