Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG RI-28CZ10RX television
Hitachi dvd/vcr combo DV-PF5E(UK)
Bush BFSAT01SD freesat receiver
My Location
UK
Hi,
I wonder if someone out there can help me.
I recently moved into a new apartment that doesn't have an aerial, but has a satellite dish. An aerial company told us that to install an aerial would be unnecessary as we could get Freesat through the satellite dish instead. Great - and it works a treat too.
The problem is, I can't get the video machine to record the channel that I am watching - it just records a black screen.
The set up is as follows:
TV: LG RI-28CZ10RX
Bush BFSAT01SD Freesat receiver
RG6 co-ax cable from satellite dish to LNB IN on the satellite receiver
VCR SCART from the satellite receiver to the video machine VCR AV2
TV SCART from the satellite receiver to the tv AV2
RF OUT from the video machine to the tv (symbol looks like 2 upsidedown L's back to back)
AV1 on video machine connected via scart lead to AV1 on tv.
Nothing is plugged into the Aerial socket in the video machine.

Everything worked fine in my previous place when the signal was recieved through an aerial. Neither the Freesat website nor the Bush technical department were of any help at all.

Any thoughts on how I can amend this set up so that I can record through the reciever? Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try running scart from AV1 on video, to VCR scart on freesat box, then TV scart on Freesat box to TV, don't make another connection from the video to the TV.

Then when recording on the video, make sure it is set to AV1.

Obsidian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LG RI-28CZ10RX television
Bush BFSAT01SD freesat receiver
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
Try running scart from AV1 on video, to VCR scart on freesat box, then TV scart on Freesat box to TV, don't make another connection from the video to the TV.

Then when recording on the video, make sure it is set to AV1.

Thanks for the reply. I tried connecting the Freesat box as you said. I recorded what was on AV1 but playing back, again through AV1, I got b&w patterns for the duration of the recording, with the odd snatch of sound, but I cannot tell what was actually recorded. Does it sound like it may be a scart connection problem?

I find it bizarre that the vcr remote control is not now used to select the channel that I want to record. I don't understand how, when I press "record" on the vcr remote, it knows what I want to record. If it is all done through the scart leads, then surely the fault lies there?

Dusty_Bin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ at the mo. P4 3.05 17" CRT... YUCK!
My Location
North Wales
You know im having the same problem. The only thing I can think of is the satbox isnt piping signal through the video... Bloody thing! )(-red

Never had this problem with my standard Sky box! :-doh!

freddy

Reaction score
Hi obsidian,

This is not quite as easy as it seems :-doh! , perhaps you could try this;

Connect scart from sat-rec to video
Then connect tv via coax(RF) to video

Set sat-rec to any channel,
tune your tv to receive picture from a video playing on the video-rec (then stop the video)
Now you have to tune video (select a channel say 30?) to receive the sat rec picture on the tv

Now disconnect the coax(RF) lead and connect scart from tv to sat-rec.(leaving scart sat-rec to video)
You should now be able to record on video on (selected channel) and then watch playback as normal!!

Good Luck!!