FreeView? BoreView is more like it!

digital baby

Reaction score
Am i the only person who cant receive the channels even slightly worth watching? First i received TMF and The hits and Ftn and presto! they vanished. )(-red Is there some possibilty that i can turn up the gain (so to speak) so i can get these channels? I have had an antenna engineer out and he can find nothing wrong with my equipment. Also has anyones box slowed down while changing channels? :confused Also a rumour has it that Sky will be replacing one of there channels on freeview with a SKYOne lite version. Channel 4 will also be launching a e4extra channel too. For info on this check out http://dvbcomment.com and go to the news section.

Please someone help me! I dont wanna defect to sky! )(-)(

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Give it a bit of time

TMF could be much better than it is, like the European version, they have received huge amounts of criticism for the repetitiveness of the content

Take your box to a neighbouras house to try, that way you know if its the box or the aerial or cabling

It will become better as it settles down and more people voice their opinion. You would not gain anything by going to Sky except a lower bank balance, fewer friends, and an unhealthy lifestyle glued to the box hoping something good is buried in the repeats.

digital baby

Reaction score
LOL :D yeah i did what u suggested and my box did the smae thing! i have more than one box though so i changed them over and they still did the same thing. One short point however, FreeViews website postcode checker states that freeview is not available in my area. I am probably getting a very weak signal on tmf so that might explain it. Although the rest of the channels are fine... any ideas?

mill9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
Get a satellite installation (non Sky) aimed at Eutelsat W2 and watch TMF (Dutch version) for free! At my location I cannot get any of the Freeview services probably for the forseeable future only BBC, ITV, C4 and Five etc.......

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If its only one multiplex that you are not receiving it could be the aerial grouping, in some areas a digital multiplex can sit slightly outside of the standard aerial group frequency range. There are also some locations where a particular multiplex is broadcast at a weaker strength to avoid the possibility of interfering with neighbouring transmitters.

Which transmitter are you receiving from and what is the frequency/real channel number of the multiplex you are not receiving?

digital baby

Reaction score
I cannot recieve multiplex D i couldnt recieve it whilst it was on-dig*tal or I*v Digital either. I get all my transmissions from the sutton coldfield transmitter. O-Ha By the way does anyone get a picture on CH14? all i get is the banner same thing for channel 703.

mill9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
For the record at my location I cannot receive multiplexes C and D. The reason is simply because of restrictions on other analogue transmissions from neiboroughing transmitters. 2010 roll on..!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Taken from http://www.jaura.freeserve.co.uk/muxes.htm

For the Sutton Coldfield transmitter, the following UHF channels are used to broadcast analogue channels and multiplexes:

Analogue Channel/Digital Multiplex
UHF Channel

CH5*
BBC2
Mux 1
ITV
Mux 2
BBC1
Mux A
CH4
Mux B
Mux C
Mux D
* Channel 5 is broadcast from the Lichfield transmitter.

The standard aerial for use with the Sutton Coldfield transmitter is one of Group B. This covers UHF channels 35-53 which means that multiplex D (channel 55) cannot be received with the standard aerial and it needs to be augmented/replaced with one of Group E (UHF channels 35-68). This may also be true in other areas.

This probably explains your problem.

ProDave

Reaction score
Website
homepages.tesco.net
My Satellite Setup
Non subscription Sky digibox, Alanlogue Astra1, Digital Hotbird, all on 1 fixed dish with 3 LNB's
My Location
Scottish Highlands
Another thing to check, if you are missing just one mux, is to make sure that no device in your house (vrc, dvd, satellite receiver etc) is outputing it's rf on the same channel, or sometimes adjacent channel to the mux you are missing.