Freeview channels in Gothenburg?

N

Nigel Atterbury

Hi, I would like to receive "Freeview" channels over my 88cm sat dish.
Has anyone had any luck or information if even this area (Gothenburg ) is covered by the Astra footprint?. Any Info would be great!... Friend in Munich can receive with no problem (Freeview card from UK needed)

Regards,

Nigel. :)

Razor

Razor

Retired Mod
My Location
Ireland
Do you mean FTV channels ?

Freeview is a DTT platform and can not be received outside the UK.

The FTV channels can be recieved in Germany but you might need a bigger Dish then 88cm.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Nigel, I have a feeling that you will need a substantial dish to receive the Astra 2D signals in Gothenburg, had a look at the site http://www.astra2d.co.uk/reports.htm and it doesn't look good, if you know your Swedish geography some of the other reports there may help.

waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Sorry to but in!..did you get my PM's Rolfw?

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
waverider said:
Sorry to but in!..did you get my PM's Rolfw?
Sorry WR, yes I did, just working my way through at the moment. :)