Freeview channels soon to be active?

digital baby

Reaction score
Hi all ....... does anyone know when the freeview channels 14 and 15 will come on line? If yes what will they be?
Ch 800 is currently showing ITV news 703 is blank. Tried auto updating and nothing happens tried storing channels as well... sod all, so any info you get will be happily recieved. <@> Also i dont know if any of you have seen but certain catalogue companys are flogging freeview boxes with the patter: Channels available! TCM CNNinternational Cartoon network And soon to be payperview!
BBC website dont say anything about new channels and neither does the freeview site. so please please please give me any info ya got. love ya x O-Ha

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Although there are certainly a couple of channels opening up this month, there is as yet (AFAIK) no confirmation on TCM or Cartoon network, Pay channels are also unlikely in the forseeable future, bearing also in mind that most of the new receivers have no readily available decryption facility.

digital baby

Reaction score
Ohhhhh Bidup.tv.
Dont that beat all??? (voice dripping sarcasm)
Come on freeview... where is the skyOne lite i heard about and the e4extra???
Does anyone know what is actually going on in the freeview world?

Maybe i should treat my digibox like an old tired horse and put it to sleep! )(-red nah... i still like ITV2

come on peeps any info really appreciated!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Whatever channels are added I hope the concept of FREEview remains. I believe if any pay channels were to be added it would reduce the interest in the system as it would then become like Sky, Cable and the much (correctly) maligned ITV Digital. My view (free to anyone to disagree with) is that it's a question of psychology where Freeview customers might become disillusioned in a system that starts aiming pay channel info at them, when, perhaps, many chose it because they don't like Sky's hard selling.

digital baby

Reaction score
Hi all....
yeah Jimbo... the new e4extra channel, will be freetoview and is supposed to be launching on ch14 on may/june. As for skyOne lite its supposed to be something similar to skyOne mix. (no launch date yet) according to various sources on the internet 703 is technically NOT a channel its the platform for BBCi.
TCM for transmission on freeview is still in negotiations.
ITV3 is still not ready for transmission and according to various net sites will not be launching until aug 2004.

love ya all x O-Ha

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Thanks for keeping us up to date Digitalbaby. Looks like Freeview are happy to keep moving forward. :)