Freeview codes

bigbadbri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pacific Freeview Box
My Location
Lancashire
Until recently i've been getting the codes for setanta on the internet, but the site has now closed. I've read the previous thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=59281 about mheg code dumping but its all above me i'm afraid, but i would like to know more.

I've got a program for setanta code generating but don't know where to get all the values that you need before putting in your viewer ID.

If anyone has any advice i'd much appreciate it, and that goes for any other channels that can be picked up this way.

Thanks very much.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
bigbadbri said:
If anyone has any advice i'd much appreciate it, and that goes for any other channels that can be picked up this way.

:-Welcome1

The problem was/is that the programs require a code that is distributed on the day of use. This is matched to the code from your receiver and the program generates the access code.

It was the posting of these 'daily codes' that caused the forums to overload and they decided not to allow listings any more.

I'm sure you'll still be able to find the codes somewhere - unfortunately not here - sorry.

nix0

Reaction score
There are other sites. Modshack and Digital World are two I know of.

It is a shame that there was such a lot of people who used to simply come here on match days only, grab the codes and not participate. There is tons of other useful stuff here.

BTW the MHEG dumping is only useful if you have a TV card (and if you do, then you can watch by changing PID's and never need bother with daily codes anyway, unless you want to watch on another box)

bigbadbri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pacific Freeview Box
My Location
Lancashire
thanks for the info.

I'm just after codes for a stand alone freeview box, mainly just setanta as thts the only channel worth watching (that is pay per view) but even then it ain't worth the money @ £8 per match. but i'll check out those sites as the hunt continues if anybody has any luck finding these i'd be glad to hear it.

Cheers.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
bigbadbri said:
i'll check out those sites

Sorry to say but MoDSHACK no longer carry the codes.

hoss6800

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
manhattan 6800
sony laptop
My Location
uk
You can obtain the codes from World-of-digital forum. but you have to donate £16 to get access to their close room for ever or you have to be a active member with lot of posts.
You can also try media-help.net

Hope this help with your search.

Thank you
Hoss

nix0

Reaction score
gameboy said:
Sorry to say but MoDSHACK no longer carry the codes.
Oh yes they do - just AFAIK no new sign-ups

Hoss said:
You can obtain the codes from World-of-digital forum. but you have to donate £16 to get access to their close room for ever or you have to be a active member with lot of posts.
What do you call a lot? I don't think there is a set minimum and a couple of dozen should suffice - so long as they are proper posts (not spam or asking for codes). If access to SS is BBB aim then a few posts a week will easily get in in time

Quicksand

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Leadtek DTV dongle
My Location
UK
nix0 said:
There are other sites. Modshack and Digital World are two I know of.

It is a shame that there was such a lot of people who used to simply come here on match days only, grab the codes and not participate. There is tons of other useful stuff here.

BTW the MHEG dumping is only useful if you have a TV card (and if you do, then you can watch by changing PID's and never need bother with daily codes anyway, unless you want to watch on another box)

What are the PID's for Setanta?

angm6628

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freeview
My Location
scotland
can you let me no if you got codes . thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Please check the dates of the threads before posting, as you might have noticed this thread is from 2006, this platform is now secure and there are no codes available.