freeview on IPTV?

dvdfilm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m dish
My Location
spain
anyone tried those services offering freeview channels through an iptv box? that is without using an aerial as freeview boxes do.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello
they flow over the internet.
i did try bbc 1 and HBO USA using sling box and the picyure was good.
about 8.5 10 being max.
they use a mpeg 4 or h264 flow system.
its not free.
you pay a amount 20 to 30 pounds a month and can receive bbc 1,2,3 itv 1,2,3 and some others.
you should have high speed internet at home as well.

the hosting flows the signal at 3 to 4 mege bits/s and you receive it at 2 to 3 megabits a sec.
i have 7 mega here in italy and it flowed to ne at 2.4 mege and it was good quality.
this was 2 years ago.
it has probaly got better by now.
this is good for expats who dont want to install a 4 meter dish.
but if you are in spain then a smaller dish 2 meter or a 1.6 will probaly pich up the bbc service and no mothly charge.
ralph

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
FreeView is a term for the terresrial service from the UK.

The YouView system (formerly Project Canvas) is where things are designed to be received over the broadband without the need for an external device, some of the services have started (BBC interactive) in the past week, but these are simply testing the data links for a full roll-out int he next month or so.

The chances are that many overseas reception will be blocked for copyright purposes, but many will have a good go at overcoming the IP address restrictions.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...s/186086-bbc-offers-freesat-iptv-channel.html