Freeview revamp

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Massive channel reorg on Freeview.
Well worth a complete channel re-set.

I knew something was up because my Panasonic digital tuner TV kept telling me all week that there were new channels to find and yet it didnt find as many as it said were there. I did a retune to clear what i thought was s/w glitch and Sky News (which is widescreen as this morning) went to 82 etc with all radio at 701 etc and channels almost all the way up to 999.

All I want now is a power hike on the ITV etc mux so that they dont drop off when it rains heavy in evening and night.

d2macdomz

all dead, just not fallen
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza ST 100
Pace MSS 1000
Orbital 80cm Dish
BT SVS 200
28" Toshiba Wide CRT TV
Tiscali Broadband 2mb
HP Pavillion PC 256mb
Celeron d 2.53Ghz
My Location
Glasgow
I dont know if the freeview mix-up (as i like to call it) was such a good idea. although the channels were in a rather mixed up order (leaving gaps here and there) there is still no structure to the way that the channels are placed. i think that the ITV channels should have been grouped together, same with the BBC, Channel 4 etc. And the power increase on ITV could be solved by switching to 32 QUAM rather than the more space economical 64 or the easy route... a better aerial??

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
d2macdomz said:
I dont know if the freeview mix-up (as i like to call it) was such a good idea. although the channels were in a rather mixed up order (leaving gaps here and there) there is still no structure to the way that the channels are placed. i think that the ITV channels should have been grouped together, same with the BBC, Channel 4 etc. And the power increase on ITV could be solved by switching to 32 QUAM rather than the more space economical 64 or the easy route... a better aerial??

d2, I agree, the problem would probably be solved if they switched to 32. But my postcode says I get freeview. I am the only one in the street (lane) with it and my 2 neighbours, tech-phobes, wont touch it as long as I have these problems. I have the best antenna possible plus a 28dB gain masthead amp and still I have problems with the ITV mux. Being on channel 68 doesnt help.
There are trees in the way and digi terrestrial shares some of digi sat problems. When it rains, down goes signal quality. When the leaves have fallen in autumn, down goes signal quality. Figure that one out.