Freezing Pictures on 30W

dee

Reaction score
I have a Motorised system + Echo 808 2Ci + MR. I am constalntly having problems with 30W. The picture keeps breaking up even with signal upto 80%. This use to be fine until recently. Any ideas???? Please advise.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've heard this from a few people, probably something to do with the providers changing things, seems to affect certain equipment combinations more than others.

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Could be due to this rather wet weather that we have been having recently. Heavy rainstorms in either or both along the uplink path to the satellite and downlink path to your receiver.

Regards AF

dee

Reaction score
Just to inform guys, i managed to sort this out by going into the Blocker option of my MR card and setting the Nagra EMu to "off". Not sure why though but it has resolved the problem.

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
Thanks dee, had the same problem with my MR, such a simple solution. Works great.
greetings C

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah but that's a different problem, the blocker needs to be switched on to stop the ECMs from disrupting non-official cards.

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
What card? The MR works without card and since I did stop the blocker without problems. Of course there is no autoupdate now, but I can put the keys in via remote. Before the module cleared only about 30sec and then froze.
greetings
C

gavinlynch

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering what size dish you are using have a spanish girlfriend and need to get telecinco on Hispasat

cheers Gavin

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
That depends where you are, im GB its between 80cm-120cm, south to north. However, forget about tele5, its not free anymore and there is nothing you can do about the encryption. Its only there for the lokal cable companys. Same with Antenna3,only Antenna 3 News is still in the package,but in Nagra2,so no joy without a sub.
Hopefully Astra will see the light again,there you can get Tele5 in Seca2.
All autonomos are free on Astra,same with TVEi.
Good luck
adios
C

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
chrislloret said:
What card? The MR works without card and since I did stop the blocker without problems. Of course there is no autoupdate now, but I can put the keys in via remote. Before the module cleared only about 30sec and then froze.
greetings
C

Sorry to be so late with the answer, The CAM is treated as a card all the same, regardless of whether it actually has a card inserted, it emulates a card.

It was dee's original conflicting description of the problem which muddied the water, I have found that without the blocker enabled, the picture freezes or goes black, but doesn't break up.

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hmm, I got here a Technisat Digicorder1 with MR Modul and 2.10 Software. The same Software is on a Matrix Rev. Strangely it works on both and on both the same (what was the money for the Rev. then for?). If I put in the Blocker Menue the Nagra Autoupdate on, I will have 30sec on CABO and then a black screen. If the autoupdate is off,it works perfectly well. I expect however, that I will have to put new keys in manually from now.
I also have a Galaxis FCIS 7000. This one emulates without a Modul (very good this one for only about 120pounds) but got the same menues then the Matrix. Here the autoupdate is on and it works fine!
Well, frankly, as long as it works and I get the footy on Sport TV and my Movies,also not to forget the ultimate in Dallas reruns,I do not care why the recievers have to be set in opposite ways.
Greetings
C