French Channels on 5W in Dublin

lrainsbe

Reaction score
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
I had a guy install a Strong SRT4475 with an 80cm Channel Master dish and a Triax (300431) Universal LNB 10.7-12.75GHz. He could get nothing at 5W. He moved it to Hotbird and using the Digital input you can get any number of digital stations, but switching to Analog and moving the coax to the analog input, you get nothing. Any suggestions?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not sure of the specifications of the 4475, but if its the same design as the 4375 the power and switching protocol for the LNB comes from the digital tuner. You must have a loopthrough lead fitted for it to work, simply moving the lead across from one tuner to another wont work

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The Echostar 3000 uses the same principle.

lrainsbe

Reaction score
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
I have tried the connection both ways. ie Directly to the Analog input and via the Digital input with the jumper cable. Niether seems to work. The manual indicates both methods should work.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Where did you buy it from

What are the specifications ?

Any picture of the rear panel ?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Your dealer should ideally have exeprience of these items if they are on their shelves

Do they have a man with a van that can come and check the system ? their guarantee (covered in their profit) should include at the very least one callout

lrainsbe

Reaction score
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
The installation company sent the man in the van with a brain last night and it was working within 10 minutes. Many thanks for your help!

G

garethlpool

Not sure if this is still useful, but by a serious of strokes of luck I get analogue French TV in colour here in Liverpool in virtually perfect reception with a 57cm Arcon Multi dish and a nokia 1700SAT receiver bought off ebay before Christmas. The TV I got is a Grundig Ghia which just switched automatically into Secam operation without any adjustments at all. France 2 is the best pic, also good are France 5 , M6, Canal+, and TF1 is farily ok apart from a few sparklies. The signal is really strong. For some reason can't tune FR3 which is right at the top of the band on 12730MHz somewhere. It's not the universal lnb on the dish stopping reception. Must be the Nokia receiver which has some upper limit. Would like to hear from anyone else using analogue on Atlantic Bird 5 deg west. The prob Ihave now is that it's virtually impossible to record stuff as there's onyl one VCR which likes Secam input around at moment - Samsung 3000W and its £350. So there's the drawback. But at least it's not an annual sub to TPS or Canal Satellite!

antergi

Reaction score
Hi
Completely new to this - just registered 2 minutes ago. My big old dish has been bashed up by the builders but was working fine for French channels on 5 degrees W. Had this system running since about 1991/2.
Question - is it worth me getting a new dish - ie. how much longer can these analogue satellites keep broadcasting? Does anyone have any idea at all?

Also (getting my money's worth here I know) ... - is there any way of getting FTA French channels (TF1 France 2 France 3 M6 Arte) on digital and how do you do it?

Cheers for any help hints or expertise
Antergi

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Antergi, checkout this website, www.lyngsat.com

Click on Free TV, and then click on France.
It then shows you all the free channels from France, and what satellites they are on etc,etc.

apogee2010

Reaction score
lrainsbe said:
I had a guy install a Strong SRT4475 with an 80cm Channel Master dish and a Triax (300431) Universal LNB 10.7-12.75GHz. He could get nothing at 5W. He moved it to Hotbird and using the Digital input you can get any number of digital stations, but switching to Analog and moving the coax to the analog input, you get nothing. Any suggestions?

Looks like you got it going, but in case anyone else is wondering -

Coax goes into Digital IF Input. The loop-thru cable should connect Digital Loop Out -> Analog Loop In.