French FTA

My Satellite Setup
57cm dish for French channels
My Location
UK
I've got a 57cm dish + technomate 1500. A friend told me to point the dish to Hotbird and the guy in the shop said point it to Telecom 2C. (It's a fixed dish setup, and I believe these satellites are almost polar opposite positions)

Which is the best option, bearing in mind I saw on another website that T 2C is down ??? is that true ?

Rob

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex

Rob

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Rob said:
Have a look at this web page as it shows you all the free French channels and what sat's they are on.
http://lyngsat.com/freetv/France.html
PS. Also with a Technomate 1500 you can get that "patched" to receive encrypted French channels like TPS and Multivision, well worth it. :)

My Satellite Setup
57cm dish for French channels
My Location
UK
Rob said:
PS. Also with a Technomate 1500 you can get that "patched" to receive encrypted French channels like TPS and Multivision, well worth it. :)
Yes, that's what my mate said !!

Thanks for your link Rob, I think that implies that I need Atlantic Bird 3 (5 degs W), which is the position Telecom 2C used to be funnily enough ?

Rob

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Sorry MBK, your right they are in analogue, good job one of us is awake. :)

J

Jeff_19341

A'bird is not down, the SR was changed on the French digital transponders, that is all!

Milkybarkid

I think there might be one or two French or Belgian digital encrypted channels on 5W. Can't quite remember as I seldom use that sat.

My Satellite Setup
Humax F2-Fox
Receiving only French transmission from AB3 5W
My Location
England
Hello

Does anyone know why on earth I cannot get French FTA channels anymore from AB3 even after changing the SR? Everything seems to dead up there..

Any news would be much appreciated

G

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
playemgraeme said:
Hello

Does anyone know why on earth I cannot get French FTA channels anymore from AB3 even after changing the SR? Everything seems to dead up there..

Any news would be much appreciated

G
I had to rescan to get them. :)

jakenl

My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Starlight 5900+PVR-80GB,Topfield TF5000CI,Skystar2,110cm dish, Invacom 0,3dB, Moteck SG2100A,range: 75East-61West,AMD Sempron 2600+, Windows XP Pro.
My Location
The Netherlands
That's right. You have to do a rescan.

Jakenl