French Sat kit to catch BBC-ITV??

ARNON

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sat: SysTec 4803
PC: Win2000
My Location
Northwest France
I’m in Northwest of France. I just bought from Leroy Merlin a digital satellite kit (SysTec 4803 for 75 Euros). It has double-LNB-head and the instructions say to point them to 13 degrees to get Astra 19.2E and Horbird 13E. None of the normal English channels (apart from BBC World) are listed on the kit’s list of channels on the box.

I would like to receive all the English channels with it. My neighbour receive them with another system which is desined for “…Astra 2B 28.2E…”.

Before I open the box, my questions are: Would I be able to receive the BBC and ITV channels with this kit? Where should I point the dish to do that?

Thank you very much for any advise for a true novice.

astra19E

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital - Freeview - FTA Digital Satellite (19E) - Broadband
My Location
S. Lanarkshire
I think you could point the LNB meant for Hotbird at 28E, and the other wouldn't point at anything, or vice-versa. I don't think with 6-deg difference in LNBs you would be recieving a second satellite with the other LNB if you went to 28E.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
You could use the kit to receive the BBC channels and ITV3. ITV 1/2, Ch4 and Five will be unavailable as they need a Videoguard CAM and these are only available built-in to a Digibox.

You could set your dish up with the primary LNB pointing to 28E, the second LNB wouldn't then point at anything and could be ignored.

There is a chance that ITV1 and 2 could become true FTA by the end of the year but C4 and Five have about 2 and 3 years respectively left on their contracts for encryption with $ly.