fringe reception bbc/itv

invator

Reaction score
Please I would like some info about the best receivers available now in the market for weak aereas like southern mediteranean ,on receiving ITV/BBC.
I read something about panasonic DSB30. cAN I FIND IT SOMEWHERE.
Thanks for help enyone

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Joe50

Reaction score
My Location
Surrey UK / Austria
The Panasonic TU-DSB30 to give it it's full title is available from some outlets but usually refurbished. From some testing that I have done abroad in the fringeline areas of the Astra2D footprint it does out perform most of the current crop of Digiboxes.
The only problem is that you can pay the same price or even more than a new one. Another one to look at is the Pace1000 Mini-box which I think is as good. The downside of this one is that it only has 1 scart socket and no audio out sockets for the radio. You need a scart breakout box for radio.
If you are looking for a secondhand one then I know that they regularly come up on a well known auction site. You could also try one of the sites sponsors.
hope this helps
Joe50

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
invator said:
Please I would like some info about the best receivers available now in the market for weak aereas like southern mediteranean ,on receiving ITV/BBC.
I read something about panasonic DSB30. cAN I FIND IT SOMEWHERE.
Thanks for help enyone
hi invator. remember you will need a fair sized dish for itv/bbc if you are in the southern med. rob43

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I’m sceptical of people selling supposed new, unused Panasonic 30 digiboxes.

These boxes haven’t been made for years, refurbs and second hand ones are available all over the place. It is all too easy for a second hand one in a Panasonic box to be cleaned up and sold as unused at a considerably higher price.

If I were you I would go for a new Pace 2600 or a Panasonic 30 that is advertised as refurbished or used, that way what you are paying for should be what you are indeed getting.

C

Coca-Cooper

I live in Cyprus and use both a Panasonic TU-DSB30 and an Amstrad DRX400 in my house. The Panasonic is good, but I get less "break-ups" with the Amstrad - plus it's new and easily available.

Penryn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I use a Pace 2600, and Panasonics 50 and 30 in Cyprus. I used to use a Thomson 4101 until it packed up.
I've found the Pace to be the most sensitive, the Thomson and Pan 30 are about the same as each other, whilst the Pan 50 is a poor 4th, although it is much better than the old Pace 2200. The Pan 50 is the quickest to boot up though.