Help Required Fringe reception in Munich, Germany with 150cm dish and Technomate TM-Twin 4K receiver

kingkvndrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150cm Gibertini satellite dish w/ Technomate TM-Twin 4K receiver
My Location
Munich, Germany
Hello,

I live in the north of Munich, Germany and I have a 150cm Gibertini satellite dish connected to my new Technomate TM-Twin 4K. The LNB I have is the Opticum Quad LNB - LQP-04H.

I am not able to pick up a clear signal on standard BBC channels on my Technomate receiver, I can get a clear picture of BBC SD and HD channels during the day on my LG HR550S receiver.

During the evening however (after 6 ish), I lose the signal and I don't get any channels on either of the receivers. This happens every evening.

I laid new CAT 6 satellite cables yet the issue still remains. The dish is adjusted in the best way possible.

Thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hello welcome to the forum. You need a bigger dish - the symptoms you are seeing are absolutely typical of ultra fringe reception with ultra marginal reception. You probably need to go up at least 2 dish sizes, possibly 3 to get decent reception.

mickwig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
240cm Raven Offset, Invacomm Quad LNB;
120 cm Kathrein PF Polarmount, Kathrein Quattro LNB
90cm Astra1 dish;
Samsung LED TV with built-in DVB-S, Panasonic BlueRay Rec with Twin-Tuner, Panasonic BSkyB-Box 1.Generation; TBS5925 USB Card
My Location
49.77N;11.41E Pottenstein, Germany
Hi, it will get better as the year goes by. Around Christmas the reception is at its peak and the slowly degenerating towards summer solstice. I live about 200 km north of you and tried everything. At 240 cm ist works okay except really bad weather in summer. I suppose you could try a 180 cm of good quality. Best time to try is now, because the reception is at its worst now.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
Looks like you are experiencing the same "near-null-lobe" reception as I have in Bergen-Norway, decent daytime and fading away into a massive abyss in the evenings.

Daytime I could sometimes get the strongest UK transponders with a 60cm, but needed a CM 180 to get all UK's stable 24\24.

Regarding adjusting, every mm counts + test lnb's, try different receivers, may gain a few db's (you've surely already tried things), but large dish is the real solution.

Last edited:

itchybag

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 stab motor with VU+ SOLO 4k, dm800, prof 7500
My Location
earth
hows your 27.5w signal, it should boom in on that bird.