.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
Whenever i delete a file within windows it doesnt regain the HD space until i restart my machine. does anybody know how to fix this?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
kebabinho said:
Whenever i delete a file within windows it doesnt regain the HD space until i restart my machine. does anybody know how to fix this?

Try deleting it from the deleted bin as well to regain the space

toke

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
My Location
UK
thanks for that :rolleyes:
althogu hyou werent to far off the mark.
Norton recycler protect was storing them in some folder, but when i clicked on the recyle bin to delete them it said it was empty. ive turned off norton recycler protector along with half of the norton system 'useful' tools

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, the Norton protected recycle bin is there to protect you from accidentally deleting files. It's got to store them somewhere!

If you'd rather have the space, then you've done the right thing. I must admit, it's turned on on my machines but I've never had to use it. I make proper Norton Ghost backups instead.

If you're the careful type, then turn of Windows System Restore. It's sh!t, takes up more space than you can shake a stick at, and frequently doesn't work anyway! The only thing it backs up well are viruses and trojans :rolleyes: .

Turn it off, backup to DVD-r, swap them with your mates in case your house burns down, and record a few more movies... :D

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
My Location
UK
Didint even realise i had norton protect turn on. surely the standard recycle bin is for if i have deleted a file by mistake? the files i deleted i did by using shift delete as i presumed this would get rid of them straight away.

sorted now anyway cheers.

all i need to do now is to find out what program is stopping me from deleting another file and im laughing.