FTA Card

dynamo985

Reaction score
Cancelled sky in august and put sat receiver away, today thought ahhh, ill put it in the bedroom, set it all up, plugged in power plug, scart and sat antenna, got all the FTA channels, shouldnt i be able to get the FTV channels as well using my old subscribers card? Is there something i need to do like plug the phone cable in???
any ideas???
thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should just need to leave the card in the receiver for a period of time, possibly over night and the FTV channesl should come back.

flyinhaggis

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
My Location
Scotland
Depend's when your account was cancelled if it was less than a year ago then it'll probbly work as you'll have a period 2 viewing card ,if you do a thing called an astrascan which is service's button then option 4 system set up then ignore options on screen press 3 buttons in sequence first 0 then 1 then select this will open the installer set up select option 6 for new installation then press select a couple of times will scan for channels when it comes up channel line up complete then press big sky button at top of your remote and you should have restored the channel list if the message says no default transponder when you scan either your dish is out of alignment or cabling is bust :)

flyinhaggis

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
My Location
Scotland
also a square battery go's a long way to making your digibox think its got a phone line attached to it lol simply cut end of the modem cable u plug into wall and join 2 wires in it to battery shouldnt be hard to work out which ones simply go to services , option 4 system set up then option 7 system test and first bit it tells u is if phone is connected just press back up to go back and then try again if yer playin with wires trying to work out the power ones lol i cant remember the colour of the wires probbly cos when i did it last i was smoking some real good herbal medicine

dynamo985

Reaction score
it worked thanks rolfw, just left it in over night, cheers everyone who posted