FTA Channels in DishTV.

pondpaka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishtv india
My Location
India
Can anybody tell me whether I am able to receive the FTA Channels in the same(DishTV) Antenna and STB, if I discontinue the subscription of DishTV. My STB is Zenega 1005S and it has already been upgraded by DishTV software recently for active services.

D

deleted

pondpaka said:
Can anybody tell me whether I am able to receive the FTA Channels in the same(DishTV) Antenna and STB, if I discontinue the subscription of DishTV. My STB is Zenega 1005S and it has already been upgraded by DishTV software recently for active services.

Yes.. I think u can get to watch DD DTH FTA channels with it........ other satellites U cant as u cant add TP's... and also can watch the channels which sometimes will be FTA on Dishtv also....... like last week or so some 10 channels were FTA For 1 day.

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
pondpaka said:
Yes you can , But could not abele to add tps, No other option for other birds, and Pls keep you font normal.

freworld

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dishtv ZENEGA CD1005S STB+90CM parabolic dish
Also 6ft & 8ft mesh dish
My Location
J&K ,INDIA
wont the "insert vc card" big dialog box will be shown on the boxes which r upgraded!!!

i think it will be so!!!!!! as it does now!!!

take care
mr pondpaka!!!!!!!

D

deleted

freworld said:
wont the "insert vc card" big dialog box will be shown on the boxes which r upgraded!!!

take care
mr pondpaka!!!!!!!

No...Freworld.......... that problem occurs in new software STB only if u remove the VC....... not if u have the VC inside ....... even if it is not renewed...... I think so.

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
freworld said:

take care
mr pondpaka!!!!!!!
Welcome freworld , It is new software One of the implementation.

ajeethpx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD-1006S
My Location
Dehradun, North India

I had discontinued DishTv since 20Jan'06 for two months due to personal reasons. Since then the paid channels are disappearing one by one (the process is not yet complete). On the 20th my SW was upgraded from v2.49 to v2.64 (Zenega 1006S). Now I find that I cannot retain anything on my favorites list. (I already had trouble with the favorites- see my thread on this subject in this section)
I am getting all the FTA channels from DD. As already informed by others the "insert VC card" will come on only when the card is removed.
Will keep you updated.

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
ajeethpx said:
I had discontinued DishTv since 20Jan'06 for two months due to personal reasons. Since then the paid channels are disappearing one by one (the process is not yet complete). On the 20th my SW was upgraded from v2.49 to v2.64 (Zenega 1006S). Now I find that I cannot retain anything on my favorites list. (I already had trouble with the favorites- see my thread on this subject in this section)
I am getting all the FTA channels from DD. As already informed by others the "insert VC card" will come on only when the card is removed.
Will keep you updated.
I Think Its a bad implementation.

j2kthunder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishtv my set top box is zenega CD-1004iS
My Location
visakhapatnam
hi
i have bought a dish tv in november2006 well i have maxi package , what i want to know is !, i was surfing through the set top box well the STB is zenega CD-1004iS,i have tried to tune the stb fro may times but i was kept reciving the same old good channels thanx to the CO-NAX even if we remove vc card "the error message is displayed on the screen"so i wanted to try some thing else then i came accross the option called "RESTORE FACORY SETTINGS" I WANTED TO GIVE IT A TRY BUT >>> U KNOW wat? I thought if i used the "RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS" i might lose the dish tv software upgrades so i dint do that please help me in this matter have lots doubts to ask u pple but for the time being this one is my first one,if had restored the factory settings would it turn out into some problem? with dish tv and wat does "TP" mean please guys some body answer me i hav lts of questions awaiting to be answered

dspdsp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DishTV DTH
Zenega 1004s Receiver
90cm offset Sharp dish antenna
My Location
india
j2kthunder said:
hi
i have bought a dish tv in november2006 well i have maxi package , what i want to know is !, i was surfing through the set top box well the STB is zenega CD-1004iS,i have tried to tune the stb fro may times but i was kept reciving the same old good channels thanx to the CO-NAX even if we remove vc card "the error message is displayed on the screen"so i wanted to try some thing else then i came accross the option called "RESTORE FACORY SETTINGS" I WANTED TO GIVE IT A TRY BUT >>> U KNOW wat? I thought if i used the "RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS" i might lose the dish tv software upgrades so i dint do that please help me in this matter have lots doubts to ask u pple but for the time being this one is my first one,if had restored the factory settings would it turn out into some problem? with dish tv and wat does "TP" mean please guys some body answer me i hav lts of questions awaiting to be answered
If you reset factory setting firmware update will not go. It will just reset user settings.
TP means Transponder Frequencey
Please refer this forum its very informative you will get all queries answered.
All the best :)

j2kthunder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishtv my set top box is zenega CD-1004iS
My Location
visakhapatnam
wat does that do can we select other satellites if we reset the factory settings
in the tuning process, wat does the ci module do wahy is it kept empty ,

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
j2kthunder said:
wat does that do can we select other satellites if we reset the factory settings
in the tuning process, wat does the ci module do wahy is it kept empty ,
Ci module for the future usage.