fta/ftv

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
If i get another dm500s for my work and link it to my big dish there then put it through my telephone/internet line. Can i pick up the english channels in my house using my other dm500s.
Do i need a big dish as well in my house or is it just the sending end as i only have a 1 m there.
Also would the picture be the same on my tv in the house or would it be delayed because i am using a phone line/internet line.
Might be a basic question but i am confused.
Thanks in advance.

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Sorry forgot to mention using a ftv card.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Absolutely wont work. You need your home DB connected to the big dish!

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canary Islands
Thanks analoguesat.
Well if i set up as a ca_d s__re (not that i know how)through a p.c would this be no different then.
Are you saying even through the internet/p.c you always need the relevent size dish at both ends?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
yes - a c/s only transfers the authorisation keys - it doesnt transfer the channels :D

The only way to placeshift the channels would be a slingbox or similar

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canary Islands
Thanks analogue sat.
So if i want something on a bigger dish i use a slingbox which i have in my house but haven't used yet, ( Happy on that as i have 2 slings sitting here in my house waiting to be connected).
But on the c/s thing i have seen bars receiving various packages i.e pol_at, show__me, A_rt etc through the internet connection but there dish is only pointed at astra how is this possible as when you see the channel listings all available channels off these sats are there.
Some bars can show football off these packages and they have no sat dish?
They all have dreamboxs though.
Also could you just state whether c/s has the same quality as the original box or does this go worse the more shared.
Thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If they are watching Polsat & Art then they have dishes set up pointing at 13E somewhere. Showtime means a 7W dish of course.

The picture quality is totally dependant on the quality of the dish installation on the second site. as i explained earlier only the keys are shared.

Be aware that the slingbox only means that you can watch the same output as on the original box - if the bar has the football on you watch the football as well - the wife cant watch Eastenders instead - and if the barman flips over to the gee gees at half time you get it too!

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canary Islands
Thanks analoguesat.
Getting a clearer picture now.