FTA Scottish card..?

rapterman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HI all,

Ok, A mate of mine is looking a Free To Air viewing card from sky, he lives in N.Ireland but wants a Scottish one for the football on BBC.

He has an address in Scotland and tried to phone sky to get one but was told that they would need the serial number of the Sky decoder that the card would be used in, I assume that this is check and see where the decoder really is and if there are any current subscription listed to that decoder, which brings me to my question:

Does anyone know any other ways to get a FTA Scottish viewing card??

Cheers!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
In my recent experience the BBC FTV card departrment haven't asked for the box serial number on application and the last two occasions when friends have phoned to activate the card, they haven't insisted on the box serial either.

I don't think that the BBC department have the facility to check for existing subscriptions and can see no real advantage to them doing so. You can either say that the box is on order for a birthday present and you don't know the serial number, or give it to them, as I can't see that it will cause any problems.

rapterman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is it the BBC he should phone direct?? I think he maybe phoning sky!
If it is the BBC he should be phoning would you have the correct phone number handy! ;)

Cheers!

:D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try 0870 243 8000, they are normally quite helpful.

rolf