FTV Card question

Messages
6
Likes
0
#1
Hi all,

I am buying a second hand digibox and need a bit of advice.

I have a FTV card (with the house on it) from my old (broken) digibox. I believe this will work on any digibox I buy (is this true?) but I am wondering if I buy a new freeview card from Sky for 20 quid will they want me to connect the box with the phoneline again? (I dont need to now as not within 12 months contract)

Also will I get the 50 quid or so card allowance of PPV without being connected/can PPV actually be ordered with only a FTV card? (or must you be a subscriber)

I see some boxes on ebay selling with cards that have been "switched off" - can these be switched back on without cost? (or is it 20quid like buying a new one)

Any knowledge/experience would be appreciated.

Many thanks
 

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Messages
1,588
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
#2
pdurie said:
I have a FTV card (with the house on it) from my old (broken) digibox. I believe this will work on any digibox I buy (is this true?) but I am wondering if I buy a new freeview card from Sky for 20 quid will they want me to connect the box with the phoneline again? (I dont need to now as not within 12 months contract)
The card will work in any digibox. The £20 cards don’t need to be connected to a phone line.

pdurie said:
Also will I get the 50 quid or so card allowance of PPV without being connected/can PPV actually be ordered with only a FTV card? (or must you be a subscriber)
You have to subscribe to Sky to order PPV events.

pdurie said:
I see some boxes on ebay selling with cards that have been "switched off" - can these be switched back on without cost? (or is it 20quid like buying a new one)
If the card have been switched off (and are the new kind with the yellow house) then they will work for all FTV channels. If you want to subscribe to Sky they will send you a new card (free, well included in the cost of the subscription), they wont re activate the second hand card if you tell them it is second hand, if you pretend to be the original owner you won’t know all the security details.
 

twag42

Regular Member
Messages
418
Likes
0
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
#3
whats the script with the FTV cards?? i thought sky wasnt selling those anymore.i wouldnt mind getting my hands on one so i can watch itv/4 &5

TWAG
 
Messages
6
Likes
0
#4
I called Sky up yesterday (you need the FTV number - which I dont have at the moment) and asked about getting a new card.

They said its possible to buy one for 20 pounds.

If you have a card that needs reregistering they can do this also. (Not sure if he was suggesting it is necessary to connect to a phone line initially for them to do this or not but.)
 
Top